Incident At Whirlpool

sooner

I was talking to a buddy who went to the whirlpool today and apparently someone had slashed the tires on some of the cars.

The police was called but as far as I know, no one was caught.

Just thought I would give a heads up incase the person comes around again!!!

Pretty sad....drugs on the lose. Hope they get nabbed. Thanks for the heads up Sooner.

Not a problem...feel bad for the guys down there...what a crappy thing to come back to

Just a quick tip from a guy who loves cars: If you own a high profile car or a brand that has a "bad reputation" like bmw mercedes benz or those modified honda civics you might want to consider either driving your other car or parking in a different parking lot then walking over. Also obviously dont double park, and just try to blend in. Not trying to blame the drivers AT ALL, just saying there are some preventative measures that you can take. From my observations these cars are the ones that always seem to draw the negative attention from angry people looking to ruin someones nice day. Hopefully they catch the guy who did this and he has to buy the owners new sets of tires.

those parking lots used to be a hotbed for theft back in the 80's/90's. the upper lot at queenston was especially bad. you can't stop the slashing of tires, but I do not leave personal things in my car.

Guest brookie slayer

Park further down the Pkwy.across from clubhouse.more streetlights .not as hidden.if u don't mind an extra 5 min walk.

It's very sad that we have these people in our cities I also had all 4 tires slashed on my brand new trans am in 1980 I was very upset We need to watch out for fellow anglers as a community Install a dash cam. :)

me and my sister had our bikes stolen from there after a hike. parking lot was full and busy, no one seemd to care that someone used bolt cutters on a bike lock right in front of them...

A buddy was one of the victims of this...apparently 6 different cars and it ranged from 1-4 tires.

unfortunate to hear. i saw a couple guys looking at my car when i parked at whirlpool a few weeks back and thought.. . how would i ever even hear my alarm go off while i'm down there. i was happy to see no damage by the time i got back in the afternoon. hopefully we all keep an eye out for each other and immediately report if we see any foul play going on with the vehicles.

Dash cams are sweet. I have one. :)

Might make you feel safer but what good are they if your vehicle is parked facing the trees? Don't they just photo what moves in front of them. Just something else for them to steal.

I had my van broken into at the pool parking lot a couple years ago by some low life. Queenston top lot is also a bad spot. i was there last week on my way down the hill and noticed two guys sitting in an old truck up there. First thing I thought was it looked suspicious. They drove off but its too bad we don't trust people up there. Expensive trucks with trailers get broken into.

I'm in these areas steady and have heard of the problems ... Occasionally Nrp has been sitting at queenston so that helps a bit . Whirlpool makes me nervous and when I walk up steel stairs at glen I always expect my jeep to be gone lol !

Archived