Saugeen Report

steelshady

Well, I figure I post my opener since I only fish this river once or twice a year due to having a young family. This is my favorite river to fish and the place where I learned to float fish. This opener was by far the worst when it came to fishing pressure, I never seen so many people on the north side going back 20 years. We arrived at 4:30 am and the dam had already 40 fishermen! At sunrise I stop counting after 70, last three openers at the “Geen” have seen reasonable fishing pressure and we pounded the fish, I mean hooking 30 to 40 fish at the right spot was the norm. This year the fish were there but you had to squeeze really tight between fellow anglers to hook up…Water was prime with a foot of vis and reading 45F and the fish are just starting to run!

20140426_092106_zpse7b1297f.jpg20140426_092102_zpsf401474f.jpg

Nick with the biggest Fish:

20140426_174300_zpsada097d2.jpg

20140426_092051_zps2d2324c3.jpg

I Know the pier is a joke as well, but it does give a people a chance to get a nice fish for those who aren't capable of making a long and rough hike. Me personally I like the glen because it's a litter tougher to get down to the river which equal less people if I m lazy il go to the pool but Its a zoo their too so I guess we will just have to get use to the fact that more and more people are fishing and it will just keep increasing.

Archived