Pike Report

rile

Well I haven't seen many pike reports this year, and if everyone is have the same luck as me so far i can see why, this late spring seems to have them in a slump, i have seen a ton of fish but getting them to bite is another story, was even up in Parry Sound the last couple days and it was a tough bite there aswell, a fair amount of fish caught but no size, also all the rain did not help. Tried a few local spots from shore today and the warm weather seemed to get them moving a little more but the were still finicky, following, missing the lures, just nudging them, ended up getting one about 28" on a crankbait i made, 2 smaller ones on a 3/4oz spinner bait, lost the biggest one casting a suick, looked to be about 30" and thick. My excitement of the day was a mid 40" musky nailing my paddle tail swimbait at my feet, fought him for a bit, then he started jumping and threw the hook. From what i saw i think it may have been the same fish i caught last fall, it looked to be the same size, colour and i caught it in the same area.

a8ca8858-ecdb-431f-942c-0032690be3a7_zps

DSCF1555_zps413ac2f2.jpg

DSCF1552_zpsc4a51371.jpg

Wow nice ski! It's been off and on around here for pike bunch of hammer handles caught but nothing really to brag about. Thanks for the report!

Thanks for the report I'm head I g to white fish falls for a week on friday hope the pike turn on by then did real well last year caught the one in my profile pic of the dock has me wondering with this late start id they will be on like last year

Thats a lovely muskie, always wakes me up when a big fish hits right by the boat. Nice pike too, for me also its. Beem slow things are warming up so well have to see what the future brinhs us.

Nice toothy critters. I made a few casts for pike this season but to no avail. I miss the days of nailing them in some local spots that simply don't produce like they used to. Still might try some local spots soon if I can pull myself away from some other worthy specie specimens. Next toothy creature is mako, blue and porbeagle shark in about a months time if all goes well. If you'll excuse me, I have a cusrtom bottle opener to convert into a glider. Thanks, Rile.

Thanks for the report I'm head I g to white fish falls for a week on friday hope the pike turn on by then did real well last year caught the one in my profile pic of the dock has me wondering with this late start id they will be on like last year

That one in your profile picture is a beauty, we were suprised to see alot of fish around mid lake shoals already up north, so dont forget to give that a try, i thought for sure it would have been a shallow bite. Large Williams trolled slowly were the ticket, right up close to the structure.

Nice toothy critters. I made a few casts for pike this season but to no avail. I miss the days of nailing them in some local spots that simply don't produce like they used to. Still might try some local spots soon if I can pull myself away from some other worthy specie specimens. Next toothy creature is mako, blue and porbeagle shark in about a months time if all goes well. If you'll excuse me, I have a cusrtom bottle opener to convert into a glider. Thanks, Rile.

Gliders havent been producing for me yet this year pauly, seems like more of a fall thing, save yourself the trouble and use it and drink beer instead.

Archived