My 2014 Turkeys

gunner-2

I thought cause i am new to the forum i would post my 2014 turkeys. First bird was 20lbs second bird was 19lbs

and the best thing about it was i got both birds before the mosquitoes and tick came out the tick are bad this year

007_zps381cc113.jpg004_zps23a53e14.jpg

Nice birds, congrats! This year was my first time turkey hunting and sure learned alot, got hens right in close, but couldn't get a tom to get closer than about 100 yards. Guess I will be waiting until the Fall....

It took some time but i finely mad it happen

the birds were not very cooperative this year and didn't

see a lot of birds but it was a bad year a month late most

my birds would gobble on the roost hit the ground then shut up

Nice...whats that laying across the first bird? Ok i see its your gun...looks camo is the barrel camo as well? Im not a hunter just curious?

Hi DaveC ya the whole gun is camo when turkey hunting you need to become part of the woods

no bright colors no shiny guns turkeys can see color and see three times better than us

so you wan't to be completely camo

It took some time but i finely mad it happen

the birds were not very cooperative this year and didn't

see a lot of birds but it was a bad year a month late most

my birds would gobble on the roost hit the ground then shut up

Thats what I was finding too, I finally figured out where they were roosting, and set up reasonably close, i would hear them gobble about 15 min before legal shooting time until at most 20 min after, then silence...I would eventually see the tom come out with a couple hens, but couldn't get them to come close enough to take a shot.

My son shot his first turkey in the fall 23lb had 12in beard i haven't hunted them in the fall

i will duck hunt till mid Oct.Then i concentrate on deer if i find the pic i will post it

Archived