Rural Internet

Chrisb

I am looking to get someting better than dialup at the cottage and was hoping the members here could offer some advice.

Do any memebers here have rural internet? What are you using and how is it working for you? What are the rates and usage limits? Many of what I am seeing seems to be cell phone based and the data rates are just out of line for me.

Yep for sure Chris, try LAST MILE (Fort Erie Based). We had the Bell turbo hub before which used cell service 3G. Last mile uses point to point IP I believe and is leaps and bounds ahead. Costly up front and then 50 bucks a month unlimited.

LT

Thanks.

Looked up last mile and have scheduled on install. They are just what I need. They have a 6 month package with unlimited gigs that will work perfect for at the cottage. I will turn it on again next summer in May.

• 2 weeks later...

Got hooked up yesterday. Working great. This is much better than dial up. Now I can actually use the internet. They need some better web presence. I never came up with them in my rural internet searches.

I have been looking for several years for something. If I had known about this company I would have been hooked up years ago. Everybody else wants a two or three year contract and yo have to pay all year. They also use cell data rates that can get expensive.

i would most definitely recommend them to anyone in the same situation.

• 1 month later...

Archived