Any Lower Niagara Smallmouth Reports?

archman

According to the American weekly report the river is doing well for smallmouth. A few freinds have messaged and told me tubes are on fire right now but that seems to be the story on both rivers and lakes these days.

Upper Niagara has been on fire. Smallies hitting tubes, jerks and spinners. 12-15 has been where we have been getting the best quality fish, 3+ pounders to be had.

We have been getting numbers in the 6-9 foot range.

anywhere there are shell beds seem to hold fish. Dragging a tube just off bottom, right below the boat so you can barely feel the ticks of the bottom have seemed to be the ticket.

Message me and I can give you a bit more detail than that. Have to protect our honey holes.

imagejpg1_zps0456a29b.jpg

As of last night, the water clarity is about 6-7 feet and the moss is not an issue anymore.

As far as catching fish, well, i haven't figured out how to catch numbers yet. What we do catch seem to be large and great fighters.

Still learning.

Deep water transitions for me. Any contours or bottom changes in deep water with good bottom. No weed algae just rocks or shale. Tubes tubes tubes. And again deep cold water has produce large fish for me.

Archived