Pigeons?

Tino26

Hi guys.

I was wondering if Pigeons is something we are allowed to hunt in Southern Ontario? If so, is there an open season for pigeons and where can I find the regs on hunting these birds. Any help is appreciated.

It's in the regs under small game. First it lists the birds you CAN hunt and then refers you to a list of the specially protected birds that you cannot hunt. Rock doves are not a native species and is not protected.

It's in the regs under small game. First it lists the birds you CAN hunt and then refers you to a list of the specially protected birds that you cannot hunt. Rock doves are not a native species and is not protected.

Thanks j rod.

Went to pick up the geese decoys from the field this morning and there was 5 "rock doves" feeding, they spotted me then started flying away but did two circles around me before they left, I contemplated the shot with shotgun in hand, but decided against it as I ain't going to eat one of them things anyways, so needless to say I got NO geese or pigeons today. Hope to try again later this week.

I've had mourning dove but have not tried pigeon. I can see why people would shy away from pigeon given the environment they are commonly found in. Pigeons that have lived on grain would probably taste okay.

Archived