Willoughby Marsh

Tino26

Hey guys. Just wondering have any of you hunted for rabbits or other small game in Willoughby Marsh in N.F. If so, is this Marsh good hunting for small game or anything else? Also, where can you park if you want to step in to look around or do some hunting. I plan on getting my permit for the conservation areas around here so I can do some exploring and hopefully some hunting too. Any help is appreciated. Thanks..

Willoughby once you have a permit there is room on the side of the road to pull off.

Just a heads up. A few people had vehicles damaged hunting around there.

Mostly around long weekends but none the less keep it in mind, if you see or hear someone near your vehicle

Marsh is old growth and needs to be harvested to bring some small game back.

You can find some bunnies and the odd woodcock, otherwise there are more deer then anything,

I think next weekend I might just go for a walk to see what I can find by chance. Just to check things out. I wish I had a hunting dog but I don't. I just don't have the time to spend with a dog having 3 small kids and a job that takes up 50 hours of my week. Oh well. Snow is a huge bonus when hunting bunnies and squirrels. I'll have to wait and see.

Everytime we went with the dogs they would run a rabbit or 2 but nothing special, you def need a beagle if you plan on getting any.

P.s a little bit of snow will help .

Many years ago I shot a lot of ducks, mostly Mallards and Woodies on the sloughs on the west side of the Conservation Area. We had permission for a farm off Wilodell Rd. that bordered the conservation area.

• 1 month later...

I think next weekend I might just go for a walk to see what I can find by chance. Just to check things out. I wish I had a hunting dog but I don't. I just don't have the time to spend with a dog having 3 small kids and a job that takes up 50 hours of my week. Oh well. Snow is a huge bonus when hunting bunnies and squirrels. I'll have to wait and see.

Right now with all the rain were having , willoughby going to be swamp which means rabbits will be looking for dryer cover. Like i said snow is key when cottontail hunting , i dont really go unless i have my dog and a couple of guys to spread out and increase your odds for a meal. There is a couple spots you can hunt that is city property just by lyons creek. we used to go alot and always get a rabbit or 2. Carl road off montrose ;)

Archived