Fort Erie to Dunkirk

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

I was going to see if my ID was up to snuff getting across the border this AM. The weather forecast was conflicting so I launched out of Fort Erie and headed down the lake. The water with this east wind is still dirty way past Sturgeon Point, 2-3' vis. and thats with my orange Shark.

Sturgeon_Point_1022.jpg

However the water at Dunkirk is clear.

dunkirk1022.jpg

No fish today,maybe next time lol

I can still feel the vibration from the motor,it's about 35 miles down to Dunkirk.

Erie is very different from Lake O eh Brian. I once had finess and now I feel stress. I work very hard but it seems that the Erie fish are snubbing me. I spend alot more on gas to go fishing now adays. is starting to get to me. He's tempting me into the trip to Dunville. MMMMM Walleye.

According to Denis@fishinniagara there after perch,man there were lots of fish there. I guess by now you have noticed i'm not there,my dog broke 2 of my teeth last night,a trip to the dentist this am fixed that :Gonefishing:

That is a long haul!! Don't worry about Buddy, I have the same breed and they start to settle down a bit after about 5 yrs :) . Was it his hard head?

1670[/snapback]

5 years,3 more to go then :( Yep,I think it was his crown,thanks to him I'm looking at new teeth,he has broke my front ones when he was a puppy,I've got caps,but,I keep breaking them off.

Got your PM,geez that would keep you awake at night,and looking over your sholder eh

Archived