Looking For A Resort

DaveC

I am in the hunt for next summer for a nice resort / chalet cottages for a big family gathering. Used to stay at bangor lodge in Bracebridge was a first class operation, but its closed now. I know of another one....Payton House. Deerhurst is another. Looking for something family oriented that has something for everyone. I know plenty places to boat and fish....but not much for the ladies to do. Anyone have some places they could share good experience with? Thx.

Cedar Grove family resorts in Tobermory. They have one cottage that sleeps 18 people. If more room is needed they have cottages you can book side by side. Tell Ben i sent you. And the fishing is great too...

Cottages are great....but im looking for something that has variety for both young and old. Pool, shuffle board tennis or golf....water sking or boarding. Cooked meals would be an added bonus. A cottage with a boat is not going to do it for the ladies. If they can sun bath and not cook....that could be the answer!!! Will have a few elderly people as well...so a community hall for cards or some music entertainment would be awesome. Want something that has the whole package you might say.

When I was looking there was a lot around rice lake, some had pools, close to shopping. I went to lost lake wilderness lodge this past September and it was awesome, full meal plan, reasonable rates, only down side is not much for women to do as for as shopping but really sweet place.

Thanks guys....some great places to keep in mind for future. We decided on our Resort....or should i say they decided on our resort. Its called the Oasis May 9th out of Florida.....funny how womens plans change from one extreme to the other.lol

Archived