Baitcasting reels

MikeyB

I'm currently in the market for a baitcaster. I'm leaning towards a curado I don't know wether it would be worth going with a super free model. I plan on using it for bass and pike. Does anyone have any advice or expirence with the super free models?

I have had this discussion with Reg at Gill Finnigan's. The super free model would allow you to use it with a longer rod as a float reel ( BC technique) in the winter months for steelhead/rainbows. But with that said I would still encourage you to talk with Reg to get all the info possible. :blahblah1:

Tightlines

Edward

:dunno::blahblah1: MIke U catch fish :blink:

If you get the super free we can can you super fly if not I'm sure we can call you something :lol:

In all seriousness for just plain bass and pike applications the regular curado will suite you fine but if for some reason you would want to try and float fish with the super free :dunno: I'd suggest looking at a nice float reel. I've been using my curado for quite some time and have done everything from flipping to light trolling and you seen the pike at the marina in sub-zero weather. Good Luck let me know what you decide to get.

Thanks for the replies guys. If anyone owns a super free version let me know how you like it. Any one have any bad expirences with the curado's? I was thinking about a chronarch or castiac as well.

Charlie what lb test do you run on yours?

Denis marina? what marina? isn't that top top secret???? :blahblah1::dunno: Its ok I wont tell anyone you told

Super Free reels are nice but I have an older Chronarch that can go cast for cast with any SF reel. I run a variety of SF reels. I think technique goes a lot farther than the technology. If you have the cash to burn, I'd go with a regular Chronarch.

i have a chronarch SF and i would recomend getting the SF if you can afford it. they are so smooth and like said you can use it as a float reel. i have a couple float reels and prefer to use the SF in smaller creeks rather than the float reel. works great. Also, if you are flipping for bass, the superfree is very smooth.

Guest dannyboy

MikeyB:

I have the Curado SF and love it, it casts like a dream and the drag is great also. It took a little bit to figure out how to set it up but with just two of the centrifugal brakes set I can cast, pitch or flip and only get a birds nest if I'm not paying attention. It is on a 7' MH extra fast Compre rod.

Dan

I am running Chronarch MG's and find that for the price difference, the older Chronarch is a good deal. Some have said that the gold Chronarch SF's, no longer in production, are the best reel if you can find them. I had a Curado SF and it just did not work with my hand size although you can go to the smaller reel.

If you talk about an all around reel, the Calcutta SF would get the nod. That reel is a beast...I have some that are like trailer winches without being overly large and clunky.

Guest boston

calcutta's , I have two of them a 250 and 251, have had them both for years, and have never let me down. they are definitely worth the cash.

Archived