Hot Pot: For The People Who Likes Spicy Food

Fresh Fish

( A fishing body asked me how to make a Chinese style hot pot this morning, surprised me!....a local guy likes Chinese hot pot!)

First of all , I am not a chef, so here s some basic things/steps only. And these materials below are NOT a must , you can always choose your own materials which you like.

so here we go....

prepare some dry red pepper; for normal level spicy, use the whole piece of pepper ; for more spicy, break up the red pepper; want even more spicy? add some red pepper powder.

Put the pot on a stove and put oil in it make sure the oil enough to cover the bottom of the pot, then make it medium hot .....if you put one piece of red pepper in and it turns to black immediately that means TOO HOT! if the pepper turns black after like 10 seconds that means good, usually I put some black pepper(I mean , these things: http://www.qyzyc.com/UploadFiles/2013-07/2/2013073122561276237.jpg) in it too( again , if you don't like it don't use it), also DO NOT LET THEM TURN BLACK !...before the red pepper/pepper powder turns black( this is important!), put chicken soup in, then ginger(cut), green onion(cut), mushroom pieces(dry or fresh), salt, soy sauce ( don't have to) etc..and boil it. 2 min later, you got a hot pot!

*for myself, I like to put some lard in it too; put it in before put the chicken soup in. I got the lard from bacon.

* also may use a small amount of cooking wine; put it in before chicken soup

*what to eat? fish, beef, sheep meat, all cut in thin pieces, even vegetables you may put in the pot to cook. I use a small colander to hold the meat when cooking ....by the way, you may put the pot on your table with a small alcohol stove under it to keep the pot hot ....yes , you may cook and eat on your table.

* for the fish, you may want to mix the fish pieces with thin starch.

*make sure the oil is enough to cover the surface, so can keep the temperature higher.

*DO NOT COOK PORK this way , pork needs longer time to cook.

*This hot pot is good for me to re-use for 3~4 times, till I don't like it any more.

so, basically, that's it.

Apologizes for my poor English.

Archived