Night Fishing at Dalhousie

Guest bigfishbass

Guest bigfishbass

Hello all,

I am wondering what the best thing to use for night fishing Port Dalhousie. Would it be silver spoons... or what.... really I have no idea what to use for that area during the night or for that matter the day.. I mainly do my fishing in little lakes for bass etc...nothing like portd...but wanted to try it out. Just wanted to know what works and what I should stay away from.

Guest Steelheader

Lots of guys use those glow-in-the-dark spoons. You can get them at Pete's Bait & Tackle in St. Catharines...you just flash them with a camera flash and they'll glow for a couple of minutes.

Guest bigfishbass

thanks a bunch for the advise... went out to Grimsby Bait and tackle and picked out a glow spoon and talked to the guy about using roe etc.... will go out tonight to Port D to try my luck with my new glowspoon and my brother is bringing the roe.......

a heads up with the glow spoons (assuming its a heavier one), you dont want them to hit bottom depending on where you start fishing (the upstream areas snag em left right and center)

Guest bigfishbass

tried the glow spoons tonight....never seen them really glow till tonight... kinda neat...got skunked. Fished from 730 till 1000...and noithing...tons of minnows for them to feed on ..and that's what they were doing.... didn't even look at my stuff. Oh well till next time. It's a different crowd there at night. No body really talkative...very short when asked...oh well...still had good time watching the fish jump...

Guest bigfishbass

i was on the east side..... under the lights... near the benches... across from the princess boat...my brother was there, he had a yellow folding chair... i had a red jacket and a nike golf cap...

just watch out, you want to cast straight out not upstream if your playing on the bottom, too many things that cant be unsnagged on that bottom. casting straight out the current takes the bait past you and its easier to pull out of a snag.

Guest bigfishbass

going out again tonight....around 6ish....east side again... was there is morning around 1030 and saw a guy land a nice brown.... he took the eggs and let her back in...it was a nice looking fish.... got her on roe..

Guest leadhead

fishing of the end of the peirs with glow spoons can catch some salmon and trouts. if you use 12 lb line you can usuly pull your lure free from the lake bottem

Guest bigfishbass

went out again tonight... skunked!!!!!!!! go figure..... tried glow spoons...roe....even some spinners....LOL nothing....during the day should be better i hope....

Archived