Boat Trailer Tires

mooseslayer

I just put a new axle on my boat trailer (for my 14' Smoker Craft). Have blown a couple of the small tires in last 2 years so went to a 5-bolt 2K axle that had come from Princess auto but a friend had that never used. I sometimes put extra gear ion boat when going up to my hunt camp, so I wanted something beefier.

Looking at getting minimum 12" but possible 13" trailer tires and rims...13" would match my aluminum utility trailer which would be nice.

My alum trailer tires are P155/80 R13 795 rated for 969lbs.

Anyways...question is...where is the best (cheapest) place to get 3 trailer tires with rims in the area. OI have looked online at Princess Auto. Anywhere else?

Word of advice i got from a friend before when i was blowing tires on my tandem axle was to over inflate the tires. I tried that and never had another flat for a few years.

Thanks for the advice. I will make a bunch of calls today. I should have trailer painted and axle back on by Saturday so I want to have the tires by then as well. I work in NOTL so might check out Enns on my lunch. I have used them for batteries a number of times.

Archived