Anyone Ever Fished The Salmon Run At Pulaski Ny?

fishfight

Anyone ever fished the Salmon run at Pulaski NY? Half an hour drive south of kingston. The DEC release up to 600,000 a year. I was there three months ago, just to check and spoke to locals. I was hoping to go and try this fall, just concern about the distance and potential aggravation from too many anglers all over US that goes there around Oct months, as I read on line.

The salmon river is a beautiful river. The town is pretty amazing fishing town as well. As far as targeting salmon, that's another story just like any other river full of salmon it gets ugly and very unethical...not something I care to be part of personally. But yes, the river gets a huge run of salmon and and even bigger run of the telephone pole casters decked out in full camo with all the typical hunting gear...lol. Once the salmon are done, its a much better place to fish much like most places. The river is very, very slippery bottom and studs and cleats highly recommended. Lots of water to fish if you walk away from the main parking areas. We spent some time figuring out a lot of water and lost a lot of fishing time doing that. Myself, I like the place. There is lots of drift boats that come down the river guiding and that gets annoying at times. Fall steelheading was not the greatest last year on the salmon river and neither was the salmon run for that matter. Its a 6 hour drive getting there...so a weekend trip is the way to go. If you book early and go as a group its not really expensive and worth the trip. We had some good laughs and good time....and anytime you can do that and enjoy hitting the water it sure beats sitting at home. We are planning for mid Nov to do it again and your welcome to come along.

Archived