Woodie Time

rbrwrm

Wtg guys. My opener wasnt so great. One shot, one goose and that's all she wrote. However after I called it a day I did a little drive around. Seen some guys illegally hunting and shooting at anything that flew by. And then I seen another group of hunters put three shots into a cormeran. All I have to say is be safe out there and congrats on your birds

Wtg guys. My opener wasnt so great. One shot, one goose and that's all she wrote. However after I called it a day I did a little drive around. Seen some guys illegally hunting and shooting at anything that flew by. And then I seen another group of hunters put three shots into a cormeran. All I have to say is be safe out there and congrats on your birds

Put it this way basscrazy that one goose = 5 ducks you like to get more but it could of been worse good going on your goose

well done Gunner I usually start going after mallards after Thanksgiving in my favorite marsh after most of the skybusters are gone

well done Gunner I usually start going after mallards after Thanksgiving in my favorite marsh after most of the skybusters are gone

Ya i know about the skybusters i hunted with 2 of them yesterday they are new at hunting i let it go the first few times then i had to give them crap they couldn't figure out

y they couldn't hit any thing after i got it into there heads they started to hit birds and turned the game around now if they can just keep that in there minds they will be set

Spent most of the weekend on public lands trying to find some ducks in unconventional spots. Tried to stay away from all the yahoos so I went to do some jump shooting in a flooded marsh.The first marsh I went to was bone dry, never seen it that dry in any of the years I've been there before. Switched to another location for the evening and had a few ducks and geese working my spread but wouldn't commit. Don't blame them as there were several other groups out there wailing on their duck calls and only managing to scare them off. Went to pack it up at 30 min after sunset only to have the guy across the pond scream at me and call me a dumbass because I turned my headlamp on and apparently he wanted to keep shooting after legal hours. Sorry buddy, but I ain't gonna stumble my way out in the dark so you can keep shooting ducks in the dark.

Ended up switching to doves on Sunday but only managed to bag one. But I only made it out for an hour.

Spent most of the weekend on public lands trying to find some ducks in unconventional spots. Tried to stay away from all the yahoos so I went to do some jump shooting in a flooded marsh.The first marsh I went to was bone dry, never seen it that dry in any of the years I've been there before. Switched to another location for the evening and had a few ducks and geese working my spread but wouldn't commit. Don't blame them as there were several other groups out there wailing on their duck calls and only managing to scare them off. Went to pack it up at 30 min after sunset only to have the guy across the pond scream at me and call me a dumbass because I turned my headlamp on and apparently he wanted to keep shooting after legal hours. Sorry buddy, but I ain't gonna stumble my way out in the dark so you can keep shooting ducks in the dark.

Ended up switching to doves on Sunday but only managed to bag one. But I only made it out for an hour.

Don't you just love these guys and there law braking ways .We stayed away from the rat race as well

Had a bad morning today i had hunted this spot for 7 years and had it all to my self got all set up and got 1 wood duck stuck around till 10am and as i was picking up decoys i had noticed

that some one made a blind 30 yrds down from me and on the opposite side of the creek that is at the most 30 yrds across i guess

the 500 foot mark dont mean crap to some people had there boat there but they were not there so i take it they got permission to hunt there

but there is lots of property along that side to hunt on but no had to go right across from me can't wait till i see them

Archived