Shotgun Enquirey

rbrwrm

I'm not sure of the sxp but i shoot a winchester modle 12 pump i had it back from the early 90s and i love it i had never

had to fix it it shoot's dead on it came with a slug barrel and very light to carry i have to think about a new gun

but as long as my winchester i'm not looking to hard my opinion if it's a winchester tell him to get it he won't regret

it

I'm not sure of the sxp but i shoot a winchester modle 12 pump i had it back from the early 90s

Gunner are you sure it's a model 12 and not a model 1200? I have a model 1300 Winchester from the mid to late 90's. It's nothing fancy by any means black plastic with a matte metal (aluminum receiver) The butt stock shifts almost a 1/4" side to side from time to time, smack it one way or the other and it goes back to Center. It will shoot any shell I feed it (it will eject 2 3/4 slugs and 3" shells on its own) and is my go to turkey fun because it rocks with an old school undertaker choke. But that's not to say anything about the new Winchester line. Could be just as reliable as my old gun or could be poop. Don't know, my advise would be to go somewhere local and handle one. See how it fits the shooter. See how it feels in hand and how the fit and finish are. Then you and your son could able to make an educated decision or move on to another brand you see while you're looking

I'm not sure of the sxp but i shoot a winchester modle 12 pump i had it back from the early 90s

Gunner are you sure it's a model 12 and not a model 1200? I have a model 1300 Winchester from the mid to late 90's. It's nothing fancy by any means black plastic with a matte metal (aluminum receiver) The butt stock shifts almost a 1/4" side to side from time to time, smack it one way or the other and it goes back to Center. It will shoot any shell I feed it (it will eject 2 3/4 slugs and 3" shells on its own) and is my go to turkey fun because it rocks with an old school undertaker choke. But that's not to say anything about the new Winchester line. Could be just as reliable as my old gun or could be poop. Don't know, my advise would be to go somewhere local and handle one. See how it fits the shooter. See how it feels in hand and how the fit and finish are. Then you and your son could able to make an educated decision or move on to another brand you see while you're looking

Ya thats the problem with not wearing my glasses i can't see the numbers well lol your right niagarasteelheader 1200 i got the first two numbers right thats good for me with such fine printing and no glasses lol

One of the newer winchester shotguns had a problem with the firing pin bending and binding in the bolt. This led to the shell firing off when the bolt was closed. There was a recall last year.

Not sure if it was the SXP or not, but you might want lo have a look.

Archived