anyone into icefishing for walleye?

Guest cplummer

Guest fishmaster

Hello Cplummer i use to fish Scugog all the time on the way back from Lake Simcoe perch fishing in the winter. yes Scugog is a good walleye lake close to home with out going far North .but for the past 3 years i have been doing very well on ice fishing the Grand River in Dunnville for Walleye bellow the dam towards the mouth of the lake .its very nice to see we can go walleye fishing so close to home .but if u would like to trade a trip for walleye spots i would like to get out on Scugog for another walleye .

Guest fishmaster

Every where can crash soon or later but i still enjoy fishing even when there not on the bite .A Bad Day Of Fishing Is Better Than A Good Day At Work . lets hook up when the ice hits .

Guest cplummer

end of island road .. there is no subsitute!!! i usually land between 8- 15 per day av weight 2 lbs .... i release the tiny ones!!!!! bring bradley? ain't he a bit umm girly to be out in that cold???? hahaha :worthy:

Guest cplummer

the end of island where theres a hole off the weed line ya gotta be exact .. i been fishing there for 20 yrs now never been close to skunked but i hear so many stories of skunked !! i have'nt showed anyone yet where the hole is. i had a hut there for 13 yrs but now i use an ice tent (heated) ..gorskies always had small fish i prefer the 2-6 lb size myself .. went last yr we caught a 8lb large mouth through the ice i have pics to prove as for the musky if u getting them your too far off the weed line..

Guest Steelheader

The thing about ice fishing is that if you get skunked it REALLY SUCKS! At least if you get skunked on a nice fall day on the Niagara, you enjoyed a nice fall day on the Niagara :dunno: I can't say that I'd enjoy a nice day freezing my ass off on the tundra :worthy:

Guest cplummer

yeah john .. i got a few stolen over the yrs!! yep same cliff i don't fish with pete no more though not in years.....now i bring an ice tent if they steal that they get me with it! lol ..

Guest Steelheader
Steelheader:

Who says you have to freeze your ass off? I don't. Good boots, warm clothes, a light portible shetler and a propane heater and you can be comfy as you want....Catching fish also heats you up.....just gotta think positive. Not as bad as you think....or you can rent a big comfy warm hut on Simcoe for lakers and whitefish (my favourite through the ice fish).

1929[/snapback]

I guess you're probably right, especially if you have a hut. I had a bad experience as a kid...I probably didn't dress warm enough, I didn't have a hut, and nobody caught a thing.

Maybe I'll give it another shot someday.

Archived