Diy Hanger

dwc67

im hard on my gear and break the clips on my store bought hangers.

i searched and found on a uk forum a great idea for diy line clips. the guy used ball end pins crimped together with leader sleeves.

i bought a box of pins for less then $4 and had everything else to make the hangers

parts

1/2 in dowel cut around 2 1/2 inches long
ball end pins
leader sleeves
lrg split shot
1/8 bell sinkers
epoxy

i drilled the dowel and epoxied in the split shot and bell sinker.
then epoxied in the crimped ball pins
put on some reflective and glow tape for night fishingDSCF1718%20Medium_zpscylouwrr.jpg

DSCF1722%20Medium_zpsvzzyxhjl.jpg

DSCF1724%20Medium_zpsnbahfib8.jpg

im hard on my gear and break the clips on my store bought hangers.

i searched and found on a uk forum a great idea for diy line clips. the guy used ball end pins crimped together with leader sleeves.

i bought a box of pins for less then $4 and had everything else to make the hangers

parts

1/2 in dowel cut around 2 1/2 inches long

ball end pins

leader sleeves

lrg split shot

1/8 bell sinkers

epoxy

i drilled the dowel and epoxied in the split shot and bell sinker.

then epoxied in the crimped ball pins

put on some reflective and glow tape for night fishingDSCF1718%20Medium_zpscylouwrr.jpg

DSCF1722%20Medium_zpsvzzyxhjl.jpg

DSCF1724%20Medium_zpsnbahfib8.jpg

what exactly is this and it's function? I'm just getting into fishing for different species and I've never seen this on the videos I've watched or articles read.

I have one. Essentially it's a bite indicator that helps when carp fishing. If you look up Euro style carping you will see them being used. It keeps weight and pressure on the line to keep the slack out. If I notice that my indicator drops down, it usually means my bait was taken off the bottom and brought towards me ( which won't set off my alarm) then l know I have a potential fish on

I have one. Essentially it's a bite indicator that helps when carp fishing. If you look up Euro style carping you will see them being used. It keeps weight and pressure on the line to keep the slack out. If I notice that my indicator drops down, it usually means my bait was taken off the bottom and brought towards me ( which won't set off my alarm) then l know I have a potential fish on

I'll look into them thanks.

Archived