Whirlpool

ham&eggs

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Wasn't it this time last year that ppl were reporting 10-20 fish being caught down there a night?

I hope your dog doesn't get to close to the rapids.

Wasn't it this time last year that ppl were reporting 10-20 fish being caught down there a night?

I hope your dog doesn't get to close to the rapids.

1842[/snapback]

Last year this time we would get anywhere from 2-8 fish from what I remember.Can,t judge it by one night though,I guess.Luckily my golden lab listens very well and always comes back when called.

Guest Steelheader

Weather-wise we're about a month behind normal. We haven't even had a frost yet, and no rain to speak of.

Which reminds me, what do salmon do if they can't migrate upstream due to lack of water flow? Do they just spawn where they are? Do they hold it until the conditions are right? Will they die before spawning if it never rains?

Weather-wise we're about a month behind normal. We haven't even had a frost yet, and no rain to speak of.

Which reminds me, what do salmon do if they can't migrate upstream due to lack of water flow? Do they just spawn where they are? Do they hold it until the conditions are right? Will they die before spawning if it never rains?

1852[/snapback]

Actually seen a documentary on this(keep in mind ,was not around here ,was on salmon though)they will die without spawning if they don,t reach their spawning grounds.Whether it applies to here I don,y know.

Archived