Trout For The Trouble

smatone2k

Headed to my dad's in palmerston seen a cpl spots I wanted to try so I brought some gear turns out one of the spots that look the best had a bunch of regs and I didn't have the proper gear so moved on next spot was super shallow seen evidence people were fishing so I gave it a go think water levels were to low tried for and hour and moved on next spot now getting closer to dark produced but only Creek chub fished another hour got a ton of them but nothing else so back to my dad's i was planning on Goin to see my nephew for a bit so I hit everybridge and stream I drove by from palmerston to Bolton found another spot with limited access and parking parked on the side of the road and hiked down started on what I assumed was not privite which I'm pretty sure I was right no luck so I put the waders on and headed down the river ndidn't see any no signs and them bam thought I found a honey hole for years to come got 2 back to back then some one came down the bank and asked what I was doin I explain I was from out of town could see people have been fishing around so I stopped and then when he said because of the mess people leave he doesn't want anyone on his property which the river ran quite away threw so it was short lived but at least I got something and in the end he was OK just asked me to leave with no troubles I hate to see when my nephews get older if there will be any spots to fish the few slobs of us ruin it all

20160501_185106_zpscxd7nwzm.jpg

Nice trout it's just to bad about the circumstances it's not getting any better and i don't think it will it's a shame your day ended this way but like you said you got a taste of trout

and i can see what our next generations are going to have to face and them honey holes will be gone and it is sad i'm going to be a granddad and want to get him/her into fishing

and hunting i always ask my self is there going to be any thing left as the ignorance and dis respect of these people seems to get worse not better all we can do is hope that we

can teach our children the respect peoples land and our conservation

I would have offered him a fish ;)

Best way.. I done this in the past and had owners say just go ahead and fish. Some said come back anytime just let him know i am there.

I was thinking after I would help him clean up r whatever u need just to fish I kinda just was liked orry and thank you didn't want to have any issues with tickets r anything and hopefully gunner it's not that way some people just need to realize

I was thinking after I would help him clean up r whatever u need just to fish I kinda just was liked orry and thank you didn't want to have any issues with tickets r anything and hopefully gunner it's not that way some people just need to realize

Nice Fish and great idea about the clean up offer.

Archived