Where do I buy a spod?

RyannLarge

Didn't see one at Pete's (may have missed it) and I haven't seen one at bass pro (again might have missed it). It's essentially a bobber on the end of a perforated tube correct? I'm wondering if I could make one

I agree with Frog, Spomb is the way to go. Just remember to make sure your rod can handle the weight. My Black Widow 2.75lb test curve handles a midi-spomb fine, but I have a heavier test pound curve rod coming in for the large spomb (6 oz's when full). I also agree with goiing with CarpKit.com. Simon has alot of good gear in stock, ships really fast too. I live just down the road from him, so I just pick it up and save the shipping :)

Also, you can also look at other options for baiting up too. Groundbait balls via hand or catapult, loose particle mix by hand, spoon or catty aswell. I only find my spomb useful for any distances over 40 yards or so. And the only time I'm fishing that distance, its straight out in the lake.  Goodluck wth your spodding!!

I haven't been distance fishing yet but I find it hard to throw a ball of bait in the same spot over and over. I can cast relatively accurately but I suck at throwing and catapults. I figure something I can cast that will hold a handful or two of bait would get me better results. I'll check out that site for sure.  Thanks guys

22 hours ago, RyannLarge said:

I haven't been distance fishing yet but I find it hard to throw a ball of bait in the same spot over and over. I can cast relatively accurately but I suck at throwing and catapults. I figure something I can cast that will hold a handful or two of bait would get me better results. I'll check out that site for sure.  Thanks guys

Again, make sure you have a rod that can handle the weight of 2 handfuls (approx 5-6 oz). You dont wanna go to cast and CRACK! goodbye rod and possibly the spod. Sail also has Spods now in stock if you wanted to take a look at them in store.

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/06/2016 at 8:49 PM, Jmo1685 said:

Again, make sure you have a rod that can handle the weight of 2 handfuls (approx 5-6 oz). You dont wanna go to cast and CRACK! goodbye rod and possibly the spod. Sail also has Spods now in stock if you wanted to take a look at them in store.

Worst case Ontario I figured I could tie it to a strong stick. I'm only looking to place the bait ten or so feet out 

10 feet? Try a baiting spoon. They get 10-20 feet, and can throw out a lot more per scoop. Save yourself the effort of casting !

Archived