Life is Starting to Get Boring....

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Launched out of PW @ 07:30 headed to the Niagara Bar in the Fog,marked lots of fish only had 1 taker,DRigging on the Canadian side.

NiagaraBar1027SH.jpg

I was flatlining a reefrunner with the other rod. Only saw 1 other boat out there. Lots of grass floating.

NiagaraBar1027.jpg

Left there and headed out to the outside of the Bar. Dang there was alot of fish out in 128FOW. Trolled down to the Greenhouses,waves were over 3' No action there either.

Returning to PW and home by 3:00

Water temp inside Bar was 56.9 outside 46+

You will be back just in time for the good fishing. Must feel good to be back working eh ;)

hows those glasses can you see now :blink:

Hey Brian, It wasn't a boring day for me. On my way to work the tranny started slipping big time on the Qew followed by a big cloud of smoke behind me ;) . Turns out the line to the tranny cooler which was replaced after the accident this summer came off and I lost 4litres fluid.

After fixing it and being assured by the insurance co. and the collission place that everything should be fine with the tranny I've finally had enough.

Can't believe I'm saying this but I think tomorrow instead of fishing I'll be truck hunting and trading in my 2002.

Truck has to have a curse on it as Its been bad luck for me from day 1. Accidents, stuck three times, backing into the house, poles, ect. Never hit anything till I bought my first new truck.

On the up side I always wanted 4x4 anyways just couldn't afford it when I got this one :blink: .

We'll see what happens tomorrow.

:D It shouldn't be boring tonight with the baseball game on...

1903[/snapback]

Games not boring,nerve racking is more like it. It's the Red Sox,1986 is still burned on my brain ;)

Yes Steve do tell. You know if you get stuck with a 4x4 your really stuck :blink:

Not much to tell. The second time I backed the truck into the driveway I mis-judged the distance and hit the brick wall of my house. The first time I towed my boat with it I left the tailgate down so I could see better and learned this dosn't work cause you bend your tailgate with the upright part of the trailer if you cut it to sharp :blink: . Then there was the big smash-up on the QEW on my way home from work, and oh yeah, the pole in the parking lot at Le Barons ;) .

Funny thing, towed my boat for years with a crappy old van and never hit a thing.

Brian, How's your Escape on gas and what will they tow?

Not much to tell. The second time I backed the truck into the driveway I mis-judged the distance and hit the brick wall of my house. The first time I towed my boat with it I left the tailgate down so I could see better and learned this dosn't work cause you bend your tailgate with the upright part of the trailer if you cut it to sharp :blink: . Then there was the big smash-up on the QEW on my way home from work, and oh yeah, the pole in the parking lot at Le Barons ;) .

Funny thing, towed my boat for years with a crappy old van and never hit a thing.

1933[/snapback]

Outstanding piece of driving there Steve. We all have bad days. Atleast your tailgate didn't harm the boat.

My Escape,hauling my boat,the old guy and I checked it last summer it gets 17miles per gallon. I believe it will haul up to 3900lbs. It's a 6cylinder. Only problem I find with it is that theres no grease fittings,there all bushings in the front end. I've replaced a tie rod and to stablizer rods(under warranty). However I have had it on alot of dirt roads last spring and summer. I guess there making the 4x4 without keeping dirt roads mind.

Truck is a 2002 Dodge Dakota (Quad cab for the Kiddies). Never had a quality problem, just driver error ;).

I'm thinking mabye the same truck except 4x4 and the small V8. Actually gets better milage than the V6 I have and gives you about 60 more horsies.

my dad has a 2002 dakota quad cab with the 4.7l v8 and it has more than enough power to tow our 18' fiberglass boat and it gets great gas milage, not sure of exact number for milage but when going on fishing trips its gets better milage then the other trucks we go with. its also very reliable truck we have had 0 problems with it so far.

p.s. our is the 2wd

Guest Steelheader
Not much to tell. The second time I backed the truck into the driveway I mis-judged the distance and hit the brick wall of my house. The first time I towed my boat with it I left the tailgate down so I could see better and learned this dosn't work cause you bend your tailgate with the upright part of the trailer if you cut it to sharp :( . Then there was the big smash-up on the QEW on my way home from work, and oh yeah, the pole in the parking lot at Le Barons :angry: .

1933[/snapback]

Be sure to PM me next time you hit the road and I'll walk :P

Archived