Newboro lake

Godfree

Hi everyone,

My girlfriend and I booked a cottage on an island located on Newboro lake, part of the Rideau lakes. I was just wondering if anyone has ever fished it or heard anything. We are going up one week before bass opens so it's a pike and panfish trip. Getting excited for spring!

Ive been to this lake a few times,a buddy of mine has a cottage on it.Lots of largemouth and a few pike is what we get(along with smallies and tons of sunfish).Since you cant target bass our pike were caught on various spinner baits(anything that reflects in the water),but we were mainly after bass.Its a big lake(I recommend a map) with a few small lakes attached to it.Our pike came near islands and weed beds.My buddy knows the lake inside and out,he was our guide.That time of year should be good,we usually go up in late July.If I remember right his cottage is at the opposite end of where it enters the Rideau,he is on a island also,other then fishing its a beautiful lake to cruise,I look forward to it every year.I might be mistaken but I think we go into a little village called Westport for supplies and a round of golf,you should enjoy your getaway,take care

Archived