Is it Easier to fish this year's Higher water level?

fishfight

Based on Higher water level this year, I would say it would be tougher to fish most fish-able area everywhere. Unless the area were used to be roughly 2ft shallow weedy environment, with the extra higher water level this year, Bass would likely go there and spawn when the right temp comes. 

I love to hear others experience on fishing higher water level. 

A couple of my buddies went to baileys bridge thurs afternoon to check it out for $%!t's and giggles and the water was up a couple of feet ,quite a few people fishing there , they got a few pics's of needlenose gar triying to spawn near shore, apparently there was all different species there hanging out in the sun.

It's affected me some. Places on the Oak and Bert were back flooded from the lake during spring steelhead.. Out on Lake Ontario, every log and limb that was laying along the shoreline is now floating around in the lake making it very tough to avoid them when trolling out there. 

From my past experience fishing the lower river during springtime, when water level was still at normal height then, fishing was easier from daybreak to before the water rises by 9:30am. then when water stabilized before noon, fishing became good again. Then fishing got easier again in the afternoon right before it gets dark.

Except for one other time few years back, when I was wading around 8pm, and it was about to get dark, and there were tons of minnows around me, trout were just surfacing and feeding on the minnows, roughly 15-25 feet from where I was standing, I could not entice them to strike my lure. But the fish do not seem to be bothered with me around, I was very still of course. Somewhat frustrated to witness many fish yet could not fool them with my artificial lure.

With the higher water level, some fishable shoreline to stand on would be covered this time of the year, so one needs to use waders to fish the same spot. It would also be harder to control lure to get down deeper with the higher water and stronger surface current.    

Probably need to fish night time with glow lures, and chug some Red Bull to keep us awake, ...... when water will be at its lowest level.  

Archived