Walleye on Erie

Its About Time

Last Saturday morning before the storm hit.  My son and I were out fishing for eyes on Erie.  We headed out from Crystal Beach and headed toward the mouth of the river.  We start in 40' of water then moved to 50'.  Didn't get a single bite nor did I mark anything.  We decided to go to 30' of water and nailed 5 eyes in 15 minutes. We got them on worm harnesses and live target smelt body baits.  We were fishing them 20' deep.  

We were only on the water for 3 hours.  The high winds and big waves were starting to roll in se we decided to get out of there.

If I only new how to post some pictures I would.  I'll try to figure that out or some help would be great so I can post some pics

Sorry for posting this late, but was very busy with work this past week and that this is the first day I had a chance to post.

Everybody have a great and safe Canada's Day

I have my boat in Sugarloaf, went out at 8 am, the lake was calm with heavy fog. By 11 am it started to get windy, by 1 pm the waves were at least 2.5 feet high. I didn't catch anything, only saw about 5 other boats on the lake.

Archived