Downrigger problem Help!

waterjockey

Have a set of Walker  downriggers and one of them, the auto stop is not working. If I play with the micro switch I can hear the relay working  so I figure I could replace the micro switch but it would appear with all my searching this switch is not available If anyone has experienced this issue and knows of a place to source the part I would appreciate any suggestions. thanks 

Waterjockey

The part is available at Bert's Custom Tackle, it is probably best to contact them by phone.

http://berts-tackle.shptron.com/p/edr-10-toggle-switch-specify-electric-or-auto-stop?pp=8

Bert's Custom Tackle
Manufactured by Tecla Company, Inc.
1250 Ladd Road, P.O. Box 1177
Walled Lake, MI 48390
P: 800-367-3726
F: 248-624-4421

Has your autostop trigger moved on the cable?  I mean has the heat shrink come apart and the crimps moved apart?

It seems to happen when you run heavier balls and once they move too far apart they will work intermittently.

If you pull it apart and recrimp it and re heat shrink the crimps and the magnets back together tightly it may fix your issue.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Has happened to mine a few times so I figured that's what you would be running into

Just a suggestion, if you haven't recrimped yet, add a couple of extra crimps before and after the magnets and leave a piece of heat shrink on the cable that you don't shrink.

That way if it happens again you can slide it together again and crimp the uncrimped barrels and reshrink it. 

It saves having to do a complete reconnect every time it happens.

Just depends what system you use to terminate the wire.

Good Luck

Archived