Erie Winds?This weekend!

Guest Mr Twister

Guest Mr Twister

I WAS WAITING FOR THIS WEEK TO FINISH IN ORDER TO GIVE ERIE ANOTHER TRY FOR SUNDAY!BUT THE WINDS ARE NOT LOOKING GOOD?WHAT ARE THOUGHTS IN TERMS OF MAX WIND ALLOWIBLE FISHING?

LAST TIME THEY CALLED IT ON THE WEATHER NETWORK WAS FOR A 20K SOUTH/WEST AND IT WAS LIKE THE PERFECT STORM.!

I'M LOOKING FOR SOME SMALLIE ACTION AND AM IN NEED OF A PLAN "B" IF PORT COLBORNE IS NOT DOABLE FOR SUNDAY"ANY HELP WOULD BE WELCOMED-THANKS IN ADVANCE.......PAULY

I HAVE A 19' SMOKERCRAFT :angry:

Guest cplummer

well.. the weathernetwork is seldomly right....the way the weekends shaping up i would suggest fishing a small stream or river and save the fuel on the smoker for less winds

cliff

Hey Mr Twister.........You could fish just out side the break wall I bet.........I keep my boat at Marlon Marine out of Port............Most of my best smallie days were when it was really rough you'll be drifting anyways just take your time going into the waves.........should have no worries...........those big waves should give your tubes some great action.................I bet the fishing will be on now...........myself I use green or white Pheonix Tubes..........If it's that rough you might need a bit of weight to get to bottom...........Gibbs weights work good............JHM..........I've caught some nice pike out there in the fall even............

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Mr Twister

The best weather forecast I can find is the one on Rick's front page. The upper river I check Buffalo. Theres links there to the Marine Forecast,and Bouy data.

The Marine forecast is all I look at,along with the bouy data.

There is also a Local Radar, comes in very handy in the summer for thunderstorms.

20' waves for Sat. night. on Erie:blink:

Looking at L.Ontario and Niagara Bar. It will be fishable in the AM.

Archived