Todays Walleye's....

jhm123452000

Good fishing.

Are you using power pro on your dipsey rods? Those little guys can't be tripping the dipseys out 200+ feet...are you getting any indication they are there, or just finding them when cleaning lines?

We've been finding them on the cannonball lines all summer. :Gonefishing:

Nice catch today for you, we went out of Port Burwell for eyes and didn't have any luck...2 ugly sheepies for our efforts. Marked lots of hooks, but they seemed shut down.

Nice work on those eyes.

Hey Markus.........I run 28 lbs Spiderwire Fusion (Braided line)...........You'll see all your bites even those little perch that's the advantage of the braid..........do you run braided line weather you have a 100' out or 300' you don't lose your sensitivity...........My dipsies have made my riggers obsolete..........for us we needed to be right on bottom for most of our fish today..........Hope that helps some...................Do you run braided line if not it's really worth the money or like the riggers you'll miss tons of bites......lose your bait not know it.........drag perch around...........the only time I run mono is in the spring when I'm using jets ond planner boards........... :Gonefishing: JHM :Gonefishing:

I use braid on the dipseys too, but still miss the little guys sometimes when they first hit. I use mono on my rigger rods and find lots of death dragged little eyes on them....we check them every 30 minutes because of it. We call them Christmas Presents. :Gonefishing:

We hit em good yesterday, fished the same water today and got nothing. My daughter got a nice one yesterday...

normal_Hailee%20walleye%202%20090305.jpg

Are you having better luck with artificials or live bait?

Again,and as usual...Nice eyes Jeff. Let me know when you have room for one more. I'll sell a couple of pints of blood to pay for gas. :Gonefishing:

Marcus,also a nice eye your daughter has there. P.S I have some online forms called "so you want to date my daughter" and by the looks of things your going to need them my friend. she's a cutey,polish up the shotgun.

Hey Markus..........I only run worm harnesses very seldom do I run crankbaits.........the odd wigglewart or ronosky .........And I try not to get attached to any certian colour ...........But I prefer rainbow harnesses...........I like to run a mixed bag of colours always...........What's that bait there powerdive can't really make it out.....................Do you run your Dipsy rods side by side might make it easier for you to see your bites.............. :Gonefishing: JHM :Gonefishing:

Good tip on the side by side dipseys. :Gonefishing:

That bait is a silver/blue HotLips. It gets down nicely and pics up a lot of bows too.

I also run a lot of ripplin redfins....sometimes I tip the front treble with a peice of worm.

I've been getting a lot on Silver Fox spoons as well. Orange Crush has been very kind as well as the NK Watermellon off the 10 color core.

I like worm harnesses, but they seem to be sheephead magnets for me. I also like to run a mixed rainbow/walleye spread and find I get more rips from the rainbows at the redfins then I do from the worm harnesses.

I'm packing it in on the Lake Erie Eyes now. It's been an awesome year for them and I'm looking forward to hitting the Bay of Quinte mid October. That's a whole different program too! :Gonefishing:

Good fishing to you for the rest of the season...Erie should keep producing for a while.

Archived