Went Fishing Today

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Seeing how it's my birthday today I treated myself ,I went fishing :angry:

Launched at Nicholl's Marine and fished the little dead water there. Success,a Perch,my first in Ontario. Although he didn't but up much of a fight,might have had something to do with using a 10 1/2' Dipsy rod no streach line :(

Perch1029.jpg

Then I headed up to the mouth of the Niagara. I was closer to the Canadian Shore line then the Canadian/US Border. To my surprise and American patrol boat came between me and our shore line. This after Bush said that they would not be looking into Canada with there spy planes and boats. This happened to me at Queenston in the dark also I had just launched and turned around and theres there CoastGuard boat with no lights on looking me over.

PatrolBoat1029.jpg

I then headed down to Frenchmens creek for a mornin of draging around a (whale) sucker looking for Muskie. No luck there. Maybe I should have kept the perch for Muskie bait! :P

Left the river at 1:00 and stopped to see Denis,met SteveK there. Nice meeting you Steve,hopefully we can get together soon and do some fishing together.

Happy birthday Brian! Well you had better luck than me. I trolled my Muskie bait from Nicohls to the bottm of Strawberry Island and back again, Nothing. Then I tryed drifting tubes for Smallies for awhile and had no luck. Then I trided the three way bottom bounce thing with worms, same luck. I don't think I'm very good at it :angry: .

Yes I think we should get out soon, trolling maybe,eh.

Guest Stasbrute

Hey the coastguard did the same to me last year around this time at night lights off scared the poop outta me and my buddy could've almost touched the boat thats how close they were..... :Gonefishing:

went fishing today with my gf's bother i got one female out of jordon  got quite a bit of eggs outta her  :)

brad

2153[/snapback]

Outstanding Bradley.

Any plans on posting pictures?

Archived