Looking for trout spots

Tyrus

Hey! Newer to fly fishing, been fly fishing for about 3 years now but I've never actively went for trout. I don't really know anyone that fly fishes or where I would go. I'd like to stay off the Niagara river as I only have a 5wt rod. Just looking for smaller trout to get my feet wet so to speak.

Upper grand is a good spot for browns. Forks of the credit park and surrounding area has a lot of fly fishing opportunities. It takes a little time scouting, but can be worth it. Brookies, browns and bows. As well as some stocked small cigar sized Atlantic’s

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:10 PM, Tyrus said:

Hey! Newer to fly fishing, been fly fishing for about 3 years now but I've never actively went for trout. I don't really know anyone that fly fishes or where I would go. I'd like to stay off the Niagara river as I only have a 5wt rod. Just looking for smaller trout to get my feet wet so to speak.

Whitemans creek off the Grand, plenty of water to try further upstream. As always barbless is the way to go. 

I'd suggest the Rocky Saugeen, there used to be a ton of small pan size Specs there, they are dumber than a bag of hammers and usually not fussy on the fly or even the presentation.

On 6/9/2019 at 7:02 PM, dave524 said:

I'd suggest the Rocky Saugeen, there used to be a ton of small pan size Specs there, they are dumber than a bag of hammers and usually not fussy on the fly or even the presentation.

Ya, used to fish there as a kid and always caught small specs. They hit almost anything!

Archived