Ready for another blow?

Chrisb

NOAA forecast for Sunday.

SUNDAY

West gales to 40 knots diminishing to 15 to 20 knots in  the afternoon.

A chance of rain showers in the morning. Waves  11 to 15 feet subsiding to 4 to 7 feet.

Waves occasionally around  19 feet.

Where's the best place to watch this? 

I mentioned to the wife about going down fort Erie way but I'm sure where would be best?

Used to get some cracking storms on walney island where I'm from, proper batterings from the Irish sea. 

Fort Erie under the Peace Bridge area could be good.

Any public access to the lake would be good. One on the west side of a point would be most damaging. East side of the point would partially protected.

The end  of Burnaby Road, known a Bellvue Beach,  in Wainfleet always gets hits bad. It's the west side of Morgan's point.

On 1/11/2020 at 2:56 PM, Limey said:

Where's the best place to watch this? 

I mentioned to the wife about going down fort Erie way but I'm sure where would be best?

Used to get some cracking storms on walney island where I'm from, proper batterings from the Irish sea. 

My friend lives by Nanticoke. The halloween storm tore them up bad. He lost about 14 feet of grass and his deck fell.

We pulled it up the hill and it will have a new resting place. The other is a picture of the mess at his next door neighbors.

thumbnail_20191107_140103 (1).jpg

thumbnail_20191107_164814.jpg

On 1/13/2020 at 5:04 PM, slabtime said:

My friend lives by Nanticoke. The halloween storm tore them up bad. He lost about 14 feet of grass and his deck fell.

We pulled it up the hill and it will have a new resting place. The other is a picture of the mess at his next door neighbors.

thumbnail_20191107_140103 (1).jpg

thumbnail_20191107_164814.jpg

Holy crap ST that's crazy man. 

We ended up going to crystal beach by the boat launch,  loads of driftwood and garbage right up to the houses. 

Also around 5 lunatics surfing by the launch. 

15 hours ago, Chrisb said:

Crystal Beach is behind Point Abino so didn't get the full effect.

Jeez that seemed bad enough, other side must've been a mess.

Archived