Lots of action at Port D

Guest bigfishbass

Guest bigfishbass

:P Was out a Port D east peir this morning....from about 1000 till 1110... had my coffee....in the time I was there saw 7 fish landed maybe more...I think I zoned out for a while :P and more on the line but not landed.....15-20 guys there...looks like it's getting busy and fish are biting.... in was consistant for a while.. I only wish I could fish during the morning....damn kids... :P

Also... took a drive out further out to the peir parking lot on the east side where the boats are parked on land.... got out and found a gentle men sporting Conservation Officer gear.... upon looking closer he seemed to have a pair of high powered bonoculars at his eyes, and a note book in his hand jotting stuff down....I said hello to him...and he mumbled something that was not understandable....he then got into his truck and scooted out pretty quick. Who knows what he was doing....if anyone else saw him, do you know what he was upto... maybe just watching to see what was going on. :P anyways.... it's looking HOT at port d...

Guest Longshank

Been a while since i posted here but it is that time of the year again!

was at Port yesterday for about 2 hours.........had 4 hits and got 1 nice Brown Trout........dribbled out some loose eggs, 1/2 cupfull and back she went...

saw about 8 landed while I was there and average of 10 guys fishing.

Shank

water clarity was way better than i thought it would be after those winds and rain.

Guest Longshank

Thanks guys......... :rolleyes:

no, I was just shore fishing on the east wall for a while....

Quite a few browns miling around, mixed in with the odd salmon. also saw a couple of small steelhead hit and come flying out of the water and then .gone

Shank :Gonefishing:

Guest bigfishbass

was out last night at port d east....had a nice one, or so it felt...but it let go... was drifting roe...you could feel the hits.. but couldn't hang on to them...i love the challenge....wife says that she should go out and then we'll pull something out of there..... :)

Guest cplummer
was out last night at port d east....had a nice one, or so it felt...but it let go... was drifting roe...you could feel the hits.. but couldn't hang on to them...i love the challenge....wife says that she should go out and then we'll pull something out of there..... :)

2422[/snapback]

yeah the fishings fun too!!!!!!! :)

Guest Steelheader
Can you cast spoons for these fish or is everyone using roe??

2377[/snapback]

Don't try using spoons in the drifting crowd though...not a great way to make friends :P

Archived