Fishin with Boston

AwolRJ

Met up with Boston this morning for some Bass action, fished 10:30 till 6:30. Boston got the first bass, nice one but I didnt hold the button long enough for the picture,sorry again. Then he got another smaller one not pic worthy. I finally got a bite after 2-3 hours and it was a good one, nice 3lb Largie. Boston got another largie, this time I got the camera thing right. Then he pulled out a nice surprise, for a second we both thought he had a huge Bass, but a nice pike instead. We worked worms and spinnerbait all day. All fish were caught on Hum Dingers except Boston's first bass. Thanks again for takin me out, and a big thanks for teachin me the baitcastin, good teacher. Now I'm starting to have a little faith in the plastics after today. Boston will be posting the pics soon. Thanks again man, even though you beat me 5-1 lol!

Guest boston

Here yah go AWOL, Yah gotta keep your tongue in your mouth for photo's bro. didn't notice till I got home.LOL! nice fish. Hum dinger's, LOL, Just keep adjusting that puppy like I showed you for each diff. weight of lure choice and you'll be a pro in no time. have you unthawed yet. man what a nasty wind out there today, made for tough largie fishing just glad to see a few come in the boat.

gallery_416_10_45789.jpg

I had to fire the camera man, but here are a couple shots of how I faired today.

gallery_416_10_3398.jpg

gallery_416_10_28280.jpg

Awolrj, shoot me a PM, with your email addy for the full size pic or your bass.

Nice pics, lol the tongue is my micheal jordan shot, been doin that since i was a kid, just means I was on my game LOL. The weather could of been worst, wouldve been alot colder if we got skunked.

Guest Markus

Ahhhhh, the power of the black worm. Nice!

I had a lot of success with that same rig and after I added a bead 10-20 inches (depending on bottom) above the bait I had way more success. Carolina style...gives the worm a little more action and the weight doesn't spook shy fish.

Nice work for a cool fall day. :dunno:

Guest boston
Ahhhhh, the power of the black worm.  Nice! 

I had a lot of success with that same rig and after I added a bead 10-20 inches (depending on bottom) above the bait I had way more success.  Carolina style...gives the worm a little more action and the weight doesn't spook shy fish.

Nice work for a cool fall day. :)

30938[/snapback]

Hey Markus, I use the carolina rig in the spring, I find once the overgrowth starts to yield on the over hangining cover it's harder to pitch back into the cover with the added 10-20" but it's coming off now maybe next time out I'll switch back B) And I agree,your bang on about it having a better presentation not to spook the fish and gives it more action.

I find it funny as well that I can pitch black all day and not produce, switch to the blue fleck bungee's and it's non stop, weird eh, it's basically the same dark worm. must be the fleck. :Gonefishing:

Thanks BFB. :D

Guest boston
Carolina Rig in the spring....umm...you sure about that?

30964[/snapback]

UMMM yah, why? your not implying I don't know when bass season opens are yah. :Gonefishing:

Archived