Grimsby firearms discharge bylaw up for debate again

Markster

Just an fyi to anyone in the grimsby area, the debate about firearms discharge in the area is restarting-again.

Personally, i thought they had a great model in the last bylaw, but that was recinded likely due to shooting waterfowl over the lake in close proximity to housing.

A public meeting is scheduled for march 1 from 6-8pm. An online survey is also asking for feedback.

the links are below.

https://www.grimsby.ca/en/news/open-house-discharge-of-firearms-and-bows.aspx

On 2/23/2023 at 11:34 AM, Markster said:

Just an fyi to anyone in the grimsby area, the debate about firearms discharge in the area is restarting-again.

Personally, i thought they had a great model in the last bylaw, but that was recinded likely due to shooting waterfowl over the lake in close proximity to housing.

A public meeting is scheduled for march 1 from 6-8pm. An online survey is also asking for feedback.

the links are below.

https://www.grimsby.ca/en/news/open-house-discharge-of-firearms-and-bows.aspx

I live not far from the Elizabeth Street pumphouse, they were at least a quarter mile offshore not in close proximity to housing , steel shot could never travel far enough to hit the homes , complete BS . Noise is not an issue , the DNA rifle range with full auto fire is far noisier just down the road near the new development west of Casa Blanca