Erie Tubes

Dave

I'm kind of new to spin fishing as I've been a life long Fly guy...I have been doing well fishing NED rigs all summer but thats about it...Since I'm in the kayak I'm mostly fishing 7-12ft..A close by boat was doing well with tubes but when ever I try, no success..What are your go to colours and sizes.I dont have lots, but probably all the necessary Pumpkin Green Colours in mini to large 4 inch..Should I be focussing on baitfish colours...My heaviest jig weighs 9 grams which is 5/16 oz but I bet they were labelled 3/8..I think I'm getting good bottom contact while on a "crawling" retrieve.. After getting Large fish on a small finesse TRD. I lack a little confidence when I put on a 4 inch tube!! 

Had a visit with my local Bass expert.I can't say enough about the great advice at Peter's Tackle and Caden..Actually the whole staff there are very knowledgeable.He set me straight with colours and presentation.Seems I wasn't that far off with what I was doing..

I think I just have to give it a chance when I switch over techniques...Wind looks good today,I'll be out there.... 

52 minutes ago, Dave said:

Had a visit with my local Bass expert.I can't say enough about the great advice at Peter's Tackle and Caden..Actually the whole staff there are very knowledgeable.He set me straight with colours and presentation.Seems I wasn't that far off with what I was doing..

I think I just have to give it a chance when I switch over techniques...Wind looks good today,I'll be out there.... 

good luck. I’ll be at work