10 days till turkey season!

50 minutes ago, Markster said:

Note to self: crossbow scope is above arrow deck.

Just because you can see the bird in the scope doesnt mean your bolt has a clear path to the target.

Missed the shot at 20 yrds.

😥

IMG_1461.jpeg

Can’t reload and take another shot?

Well at last you got to see a bird this morning!

nothing came into the fields where I was set up this morning…they were not using the roost trees I expected them to be in.

I had setup and about 10 mins before legal one started gobling at my decoys.

I didn’t answer him back because i didn’t want him to come in before legal light. Just at legal, he flew down into the field i was in and just hung up on the edge. After about another 10 i started to give him very low putts and he gradually came in to the decoys in full strut at 20 yards. Beautiful. Unfortunately the chair in my blind was too low and i couldnt get the bow high enough for a shot without hitting the blind. I also setup my blind facing east - rookie mistake - so i had the sun in my face. He gradually turned away from me and fanned so i could move to get the bow high enough i assumed and took the shot. Wrong assumption. Arrow went through the blind and deflected. Although the bird stayed around for another 20 minutes he never offered a second shot.

oh well, i really didnt want to fill my tag in the first 20 minutes of the season anyway.

1 hour ago, Markster said:

I had setup and about 10 mins before legal one started gobling at my decoys.

I didn’t answer him back because i didn’t want him to come in before legal light. Just at legal, he flew down into the field i was in and just hung up on the edge. After about another 10 i started to give him very low putts and he gradually came in to the decoys in full strut at 20 yards. Beautiful. Unfortunately the chair in my blind was too low and i couldnt get the bow high enough for a shot without hitting the blind. I also setup my blind facing east - rookie mistake - so i had the sun in my face. He gradually turned away from me and fanned so i could move to get the bow high enough i assumed and took the shot. Wrong assumption. Arrow went through the blind and deflected. Although the bird stayed around for another 20 minutes he never offered a second shot.

oh well, i really didnt want to fill my tag in the first 20 minutes of the season anyway.

You’ll get him in the morning