Speaking of Queenston Tom...

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

:)

Launched extra early this AM. Thinking of beating the crowd,saw two shore fishermen show up after I launched. When I returned, 1 boat was leaving and 1 fellow and his sport leaving behind me and that was it.

Headed towards the Bar in the dark so Ithought I'd try a planer board and worm harness for Walleye.

I said I launched early,red spot is the board :blush:

Plannerboard1104.jpg

At Sunup

Sunrise1104.jpg

I arrived at the USCGS,dropped 1 Rigger down 25' and set out my leadcore 4 colours,hoping a fishy will look at the Williams with minnows and drop back and up and see my other Williams :) without minnows and the fight is on,but... all I got was another Sheephead on the D.Rigger

Sheephead1104.jpg

I trolled around and over the Bar the grass was really starting to Bug me so I headed down the lake to Wilson.

Wilson1104.jpg

Headed out to 50FOW and set up my rigging. Water was good and clear there compared to the Bar. Then came rain ,and they said it would not rain till the afternoon. :blush:

She was a wet ride back :)

As I was leaving I talked with a guy,he said he was to devils hole?? and they also had a sheephead. He also saw a Steelhead jump with fishingline hanging out of him.

Gale force winds tonight...

Looking at the docks they do need repairing,rumour has it that it's the Jetboats and there wake that are damaging the docks.

You ain't kidding. Those boats leave a wake that has to be at least three feet high. Do you ever notice how much that dock bounces around when that jet boat goes by. Heaven for bid if your tied off of the bock your boat turns into a battering ram . Yeesh. Seen one boat almost sink the one time and another sustained some damage because he tied up against that bolt that sticks out not knowing he went up to get his trailer when he got back the whole one side was all scratched up. Oh he was using bumpers. Has anyone ever wonder how much shoreline erosion these boats cause?

Archived