Queenston Dock Meeting

Fishin-nut

Well guys I have been trying for the past couple of days now trying to get a hold of Mr Gillis. Apparently he is taking a first aid course and won't be returning till Monday November 8th. I have left A message and have requested a meeting with him for Tuesday the 9th. at 10 am. The meeting will be held at Oaks Hall which is located on Portage Rd. I believe that this building overlooks Dufferin Island. This is the Administration Building for the NPC. Anyone is welcomed to attend this meeting. The only thing that I ask is if you think that you are going to attend this meeting and turn it into a shouting match PLEASE STAY AT HOME. We want to go into this meeting with an open mind. We want to be able to work with the NPC so that we can come up with some resolution that both parties will be happy with.

If this meeting does not get use nowhere I have already begun a letter to be hand delivered to Mr. Jim Bradley who is the Minister of Tourism I'm sure that he would be Interested in what is happening.

Thanks

John

Guest Gill Finigan

Fishin-nut, Thanks for all your hard work setting this up. Let us know when they confirm the meeting time. Hopefully sensible minds can work this out.

I don't know much about the curent politics about the dock but being a new boat owner and using the boat launch you have my support.

Talking to a guy down there on Thurs he was mentioning that they wwant a percentage of what charters are making.

If its money they want I'm willing to pay a fee for a season pass to the dock.

or

I am willing to donate the materials and labour to build a Dock I f either will work please let me know.

I have just got off of the phone with Mr. Gillis. Our meeting is know on Wednesday November the 10 at 10am. The reason for the change is that he wants to talk to upper management to see if they can keep the docks in over the winter. He will report to us on Wednesday. Still if anyone would like to attend meet in the Oaks Hall Parking lot for 9:45 am. I think this is a very important issue not just for the dock but fishing in general on NPC property.

Archived