How well do you know Niagara?

Guest chilli

Guest Steelheader

Wow, good one. I'm stumped. I was going to say Niagara Gorge, somewhere between the whirlpool and Devil's Hole, but with those shale formations it could also be Rockway Glen...?

That is part of the escarpment .... with what appears in the distance I would assume there is a river running between and its a location where the river is a little more narrow ...

my guess is somewhere between Queenston and the peace bridge ;)

Yet another easy one it seems or does everybody here just get around alot. Spanky sent me one that was a little harder but I couldn't find the pic. You got er IBC

Know%20Niagara%205.jpg

Just up stream from Queenston but before the Rainbow. This was in the spring during the rainbow hunt. The Queenston area was packed so we tried just down from the powerhouse but were unsuccessfull. They were jumping all over the place as if to torment us.

Rock%20Rainbowfull.jpg

Guest Steelheader

Good one spanky!

At first I was going to say Welland Canal at Carlton Rd Lock 2, on the east side of the bridge looking south. But the water is the wrong color...it's not chalky enough. Unless the photo isn't showing that properly...

I was then going to say the southern-most end of Gibson Lake, but again the water should be more gray in appearance.

So my guess is that it is part of the Jordan Creek (18 mile creek?), just south of the QEW, looking south.

P.S. Chili - I was only 1 km off...do I get partial credit? Do I get to watch IBC row the boat through Devil's Hole? ;)

bucketmouth knows where it is.... the little pond by Bailey's bridge...

here's another view of it, just a tiny bit to the left, you can see the old winery, but can't see the white house as it's hidden by the tree branch....

hmmmmm.JPG

yeah, there used to be no room at all to cast.... but since they put the path in there they've got a bit more room, but again, not much.... used to go in there with just a gold egg hook and catch hundreds of bluegill/sunfish.... kept us busy when nothing was biting anywhere else :)

Guest FIN "S" FISHER

2735[/snapback]

Im going to guess the Queenston backdrift as far to the right of the shore you can walk. (if you are at the boat launch look right)???

I remember it used to be full of those bright orange gold fish. They moved so slow probably to avoid detection. Everything helps when your bright orange. But then we had a really cold winter and I suspect the pond froze to the botom. That spring there were hundreds of them floating. That is one of I believe three ponds like the Decew set. That was the pond the winery once drew water from. Be carefull if you go upstream looking for the others. I've seen deer stands in there.

One more thing. Did anyone notice the wierd formation of the trees? The trees that line the perimeter there, lean over the water. The trunks of the trees are actually growing on an angle.

Archived