Fished Dalhousie Today

Action

Fished Dalhousie Today Water was probably 2' plus.

Not a bad day fishing from the boat but not as good as the boys on the East side wall. Every time I went up to start my drift either 1 or sometimes 2 guys had fish on.

I must say that today was a good Day between Boaters and shore anglers everybody was getting along GREAT. I think it only takes one bad guy to get the complaining started. But not today everybody got along.

Sunday Nov 7 was a bad day for me. Landed 3 salmons and released them all. Lost 3 huge ones but I guessed they were salmons as well because they all broke my line (brown trout or rainbow rarely do that to 8 lb line). Hopefully do better next weekend on shore again and looking forward to it

Guest Steelheader
went down today

saw two nice browns landed

one male one female

both strong fighterss but on the smaller size

2709[/snapback]

That's all? How long were you down there for?

I was there early Saturday morning and saw probably close to 25 fish landed.

Went down today, 7 am to 12 noon. Got one 8 pound bow and two buck browns. I guess you could say it was a full contact fishing day ith the skirmish we saw on the east side today. Can't blame the aggressor, a little consideration is needed when there are so many guys on the wall. Too bad the jerk didn't have any and almost got what for if you know what I mean.

Will be back next week to do it again!!!!!!

:)

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

HEHE

As my friend Big-O calls it "Thats Combat Fishing"

Glad you did well Moby,you might think Queenston next week if the winds hold off for a few days.

Guest Steelheader
Went down today, 7 am to 12 noon.  Got one 8 pound bow and two buck browns.  I guess you could say it was a full contact fishing day ith the skirmish we saw on the east side today.  Can't blame the aggressor, a little consideration is needed when there are so many guys on the wall.  Too bad the jerk didn't have any and almost got what for if you know what I mean.

Will be back next week to do it again!!!!!!

:)

2723[/snapback]

From what I hear the idiot that got punched out was the same idiot who snagged a fish on Saturday morning and wanted to keep it. He was standing right by me, and someone started giving him an earful, telling him he couldn't keep it. He started yelling back at him, finally put the fish back.

I guess today he told another guy to mind his own f'in business, so the guy went over and put him in his place :dunno:

I say good on ya - we don't need morons like that ruining things for everyone.

Guest Steelheader
fished port. d on numerous occasions and have had no luck,

what is everyone using, l have tried a little of everything.  From roe

to rubbers????????????? :)  :dunno:

2730[/snapback]

Most guys are using 6-10lb test with sinkers 2-4 feet from the roe on about a #8-12 hook. Brown roe, salmon, rainbow...I think it all works.

How long have you fished down there, and during what hours? I fished there for probably 12 hours before I caught my first fish. Sometimes you just have to be persistent. In addition, if you notice that no-one around you has caught any fish in the last hour or so, you might as well pack it up and go home. Once they stop hitting, they really stop hitting. Better to try again the next day.

Guest FIN "S" FISHER
Most guys are using 6-10lb test with sinkers 2-4 feet from the roe on about a #8-12 hook. Brown roe, salmon, rainbow...I think it all works.

How long have you fished down there, and during what hours? I fished there for probably 12 hours before I caught my first fish. Sometimes you just have to be persistent. In addition, if you notice that no-one around you has caught any fish in the last hour or so, you might as well pack it up and go home. Once they stop hitting, they really stop hitting. Better to try again the next day.

2747[/snapback]

I seem to have good luck down at port dal.. havent been skunked yet.during the day but night time is a different story.

Mobyclick, you were there today? And you didn't called me? :huh: Does that mean you're working Thursday? :dunno: I was kinda hoping to go to Port D with your and learn form the master. BTW, I made some slinkies yesterday and today in 5/8 oz and 1 oz weight. Are they any good at Port D (ie too heavy or too light)? Also, how about Niagara around Queenston or the Glen? How much weight do you think is needed to bottom bounce? As always... :)

When is a good time to call you before Thursday?

Ken,

The Master..... :) well, i don't think so, but I have sure learned alot from the great bunch that frequent the Port D walls. Ken, I would make some 1 & 1/2 ounces slinkies, and some 2 ouncers as well. My one ounce pencil leads didn't seem to work as well today as they have in the past. I was swirling around in the current more this time and was snagging other lines more often than not. I doubled up on the 1 ouncers using a snap swivel to attach them together, as recommended by another gent. He was willing to give up a couple of 2 ouncers to give to me but he said he just gave his last ones to the last guys that asked him if he had any. I love fishing down there!!! Any way, doubling up the weights works, and I have a bunch left, more than enough, unless you want to make some heavier ones.

I have been using really skunky smelling (almost ready to be turfed, but not yet) salmon roe, orange and pink bags, 4 to 10 eggs. Works just fine!!!! I'll show you the hooks when we get down there, my personal touch that I think makes a difference.... Call me Tuesday between 5 and 6 pm. I can firm up then, I have to see if the wife has anything on the "Secret Calendar". I don't think so as far as I know, but that calendar is always rearing it's ugly head.........call me on Tues....

10-4 sir! I'll give you a ring later today.

Compared to me, you're the master...so far I'm 0 for 2 trips...each trip at least 3 hours...and fished pretty much both side of the channel each time. But I think my weights were not heavy enough, I have the tangling problem too...felt bad tangling twice with two guys beside me, wasting their time...so I either moved downstream closer to the rocks where there are less people, or fish the west side where there isn't anyone.

Well, at least last trip out, I had a tap-tap while walking the pier with the slinky bouncing the bottom...but the line snapped on the hookset??? I don't like the zebra mussels down there at all! LOL. I'm not taking my 12'6" float rod out next time...simply too whippy...the wind was blowing it around. For all I know, there could have been a few more bites that I simply couldn't detect.

Thanks for the reply fullofgas! My car is never at that state LOL. Gotta buy me some more chute cords and split shots...

Guest bigfishbass
:) by the sounds of things.... next time i go to port d I will bring my riot gear.......unreal how people can get over fishing...it's supposed to be relaxing. My little guy likes to go there to watch the fish jump...but now with the crowds... I don't want him experienceing what daddy does at work... LOL... I too get skunked at night and the day..LOL but persistance is everything.... I will catch a fish there (one day) :dunno:

Guest Steelheader
10-4 sir! I'll give you a ring later today.

Compared to me, you're the master...so far I'm 0 for 2 trips...each trip at least 3 hours...and fished pretty much both side of the channel each time. But I think my weights were not heavy enough, I have the tangling problem too...felt bad tangling twice with two guys beside me, wasting their time...so I either moved downstream closer to the rocks where there are less people, or fish the west side where there isn't anyone.

Well, at least last trip out, I had a tap-tap while walking the pier with the slinky bouncing the bottom...but the line snapped on the hookset??? I don't like the zebra mussels down there at all! LOL. I'm not taking my 12'6" float rod out next time...simply too whippy...the wind was blowing it around. For all I know, there could have been a few more bites that I simply couldn't detect.

Thanks for the reply fullofgas! My car is never at that state LOL. Gotta buy me some more chute cords and split shots...

2763[/snapback]

Keep working at it Ken. Get a shorter rod if you can. I was using a 13' and that was just stupid...I left my tackle with fishn_nut and ran over to Pete's and bought a 9' noodle rod for $40 - works MUCH better.

Archived