Silver Bass Dunnvile Aug 7 2004

Bassmaster

Apparently the silver bass are still at Dunnville.... went down yesterday morning and after watching a lot of fish feeding on the surface and breaking water I took the hint. Removed all the sinkers and tossed out a minnow into the current, wasn't even 2 min and the fight was on! Saw a flash of silver and thought it was a sheepshead NOT! ;)

PS Side note, this one must have come in from the lake... when I cleaned it, it had 4 Shad in it's stomach.

While I was down there I did witness some pickerel being caught as well.

SilverB1.jpg

Guest chilli

Were you shore fishing? I've done well for silvers on little tiny black twisters just under the surface with a quick retrieve. Never actually targeted them unless they were the only thing biteing. I've eaten one. Not only did it give me the worst gill cut while cleaning it but it wasn't very good. ;) I have a dislike for them now.

Were you shore fishing? I've done well for silvers on little tiny black twisters just under the surface with a quick retrieve.  Never actually targeted them unless they were the only thing biteing.  I've eaten one. Not only did it give me the worst gill cut while cleaning it but it wasn't very good. :)  I have a dislike for them now.

115[/snapback]

Yeah I was shore fishing, it's the only fishing I do unless someone takes pity on me and takes me out on their boat lol.

Gonna get a replica of this fish done by Advanced Taxidermy over the winter, but I did eat this fish and it tasted pretty good to me... I've gotten in the habit of letting the fillets soak in cold water for a day... works like a charm :lol:

Guest teapartyfan
Yeah I was shore fishing, it's the only fishing I do unless someone takes pity on me and takes me out on their boat lol.

Gonna get a replica of this fish done by Advanced Taxidermy over the winter, but I did eat this fish and it tasted pretty good to me... I've gotten in the habit of letting the fillets soak in cold water for a day... works like a charm :)

213[/snapback]

Whereabouts were you shore fishing I am very familiar with that area and my wife and I are planning to go for Walleye (pickerel) ourselves

Archived