Where To Fish The Upper Niagara

Walleyeguy

Since I've only fished the Whirlpool once, can anyone tell me where I can fish the Upper Niagara? Where are good spots to access the river. What about Dufferin Isle Rd. and just past Marineland?

Since I've only fished the Whirlpool once, can anyone tell me where I can fish the Upper Niagara? Where are good spots to access the river. What about Dufferin Isle Rd. and just past Marineland?

35434[/snapback]

some guys fish the fence if youve seen that before, only problem is landing a fish, you need to be ableto climb down through the little gulley ... guys fishing here for them ost part are looking for rainbows and i will be honest ... i dont think i ave ever seen one caught

like Denis said you need to be a little more clear are you looking for a specific species? or are you lookingto just fish?

I am looking for anything really but I'm game for pike, musky, bass, walleye, rainbows, anything that swims but something to eat would be nice. All I'm used to fishing in Btfd is bass, pike and walleye but anything at all is good for me. Anything else would be a nice change. I headed out for the Whirlpool at 530am but quickly realized the snow just isn't going to let up so I turned around. I get a taste of the Whirlpool and it rained or snowed every week since and ruins the river :D . I just can't win. I really can't wait 'til the summer :P . ;)

take a drive down to port dalhousie then ....

its starting to clear upthere

rain andsnow dont affect the whirlpool, its more the winds, erie is a shallow lake so the winds kick up and all the sediment gets kicked up.

i really dont fish the upper that frequently but unless you donthave transportation elsewhere dont limit yourself to the upper.

The islands were great for carp, but they tend to drain them for the winter.

Upper reports are hard to come by, someone thinks they own the river and don't want us knowing conditions. Try out chippawa where the river meet the creek, I always had good luck with bass there and have even pulled out a rainbow about 3 years ago.

Guest canadadude

try fishing beside Nichols marine theres a public ramp there and a little park in Fort Erie! Caught some nice perch there or try under the peace bridge there access there as well! Lots of places on the upper river just drive down the Parkway and stop and try spots

Upper reports are hard to come by, someone thinks they own the river and don't want us knowing conditions.  Try out chippawa where the river meet the creek, I always had good luck with bass there and have even pulled out a rainbow about 3 years ago.

35480[/snapback]

Its not like that. The upper just above the Falls is a small area with some killer spots that are rarely fished because they are hard to identify unless you know them. I can speak for myself by saying I won't give them up so I must be a bad guy to. Time on the water is the best way to locate these holes.

I would be fishing there with you jeep, too bad all those places are illegal now. I know exactly where your talkin about, and haven't fished there since I was kicked out by security a few years ago and then I have been told they put up cameras. Its not a secret everyone would love to smash some rainbows, I just don't wanna lose my liscense.

Guest canadadude

I also have a few spots that I will not post on any board I don't think this makes you a bad guy just smart! Your right the best way to find good fishing holes is to go out and fish and if you find a good honey hole I think its your right to keep under your hat! I know how frustrating it is to find a good spot and then you let the word out and seems imposible to fish it again

Guest cplummer

i used to fish the upper for many years 25 or so.. now i don't go there much but i know of the 7 best spots there . It can be awesome there for your smaller bows but the lower produces more and bigger fish .The upper is awesome when the lower is overcrowded

Upper reports are hard to come by, someone thinks they own the river and don't want us knowing conditions.  Try out chippawa where the river meet the creek, I always had good luck with bass there and have even pulled out a rainbow about 3 years ago.

35480[/snapback]

Last time I checked it was open to everyone :) There is no tolls on the niagara parkway that's free to. :D

Rick I don't see this topic going away easy so maybe we can let a civilized thread run it's coarse.

If guys are looking for conditions on the upper all you have to do is ask. I've never saw the question ignored here. If you want to know what's going on closer to Fort Erie drop in and ask Denis. He never turns anyone away. I would guess if you kept going in there and asking and never bought anything he'd eventually close the information booth.

This whole internet information blowup is silly. ask Rick what it's like babysitting us guys.

That's why a info sharing system was set up at fishin Niagara. Some guys post lets say that they had a good day fishing at the Palmwood in Crystal Beach. Next thing you know they are getting scolded by a guy that fishes there on a regular basis and rightfully so he doesn't want extra traffic.

Then some guy posts pics of fish caught but won't share where he caught them. Guys flame him and ask why he bothers to come to the message board if he won't share. It's a lose lose situation. So a section was set up for those guys who do like to share info but it's hidden from the view of the general public so guys who don't share won't get upset.

Tell you what, you guys who think not sharing the info on the open forum should be flattered. However if you don't have any input or you break a rule like "post others info as your own without giving credit" then you will lose access.

Now I'm not sure why Markus lost access or was banned because I haven't talked to him or Denis so I don't have an oppinion which is how the first thread got closed. If you guys really want to cut up either guy get both sides of the story first. Edge has a good point about sticking together too. Now lets give up on this kind a lunicy and get back to talking fishing.

Markus. Sorry about your luck. Denis I hope that if Markus is playing by the rules you reconsider or at least reimplement his general membership. Markus please let this go as far as the public forum goes. This silly infighting thing ruins the board. There are so many and Denis's is just one. No big deal. It's just a message forum guys.

35480[/snapback]

If no asks why would conditions be posted??

BTW 6" to 1' vis lots of boats out today though

i think the "secretive" information on the upper comes from it being a very accessible river from shore, yet only a few spots produce real well, which locals know and i guarantee they won't say boo about it... had a convo with denis about it last year when i stopped in, he put me on some fish and asked me not to spread it around too-too much... it's a catch 10 for him, he's gotta appease the "regular" customers who spend money in the shop, but also has to deliver "good" spots to get into fish for the newbs tha come into his store, so they become regullars... all the while, not pissing of the regulars with sharing info...

My best advice is this- talk to the locals, you get to know them and after a while they'll open up and share info... then you'll have tonnes of spots to fish, i think denis shared info with myself becuase i was a very regular poster on this site and got to know and go fishing with others to thei "secret" spots and i did what they asked and said nothing and i did what denis asked... a reputation is what getting info is all about... i might not have the best rep with alot of people here, but they should know i can/will be respectful should they share info with me...

sire down, grab a beer and mingle... you'll get info and "secrets" with a little effort :)

/rant

and oh, thanks Mikey for the report!!

if you would like to learn some upper niagara fishing spots for walleye muskie,pike or bass just email me sbarrett@cogeco.ca and we will go and fish its no biggie the upper has lots of good spots just drive and think like a fish you will have no problems ,

now as far as markus goes i do not think he should have brought his tift with dennis here !! you should have talked it over or went to see him ,it only takes one post like the 'internet fisherman "and look what it has done everyone is mad and they do not even know why it happened ,

guys said they will not go there because of this ,thats tuff to see ,dennis does have an awsome store and is a great guy . :)

if you would like to learn some upper niagara fishing spots for walleye muskie,pike or bass just email me sbarrett@cogeco.ca and we will go and fish its no biggie the upper has lots of good spots just drive and think like a fish you will have no problems ,

now as far as markus goes i do not think he should have brought his tift with dennis here !! you should have talked it over or went to see him ,it only takes one post like the  'internet fisherman "and look what it has done everyone is mad and they do not even know why it happened ,

guys said they will not go there because of this ,thats tuff to see ,dennis does have an awsome store and is a great guy . :)

35554[/snapback]

ziekertail well said

were you out there today? I saw close to a dozen boats out

Archived