Minnows

PickerelHunter

Anyone know if Pete's is carrying minnows yet? I'm thinking of headin' you to the beacon to catch a few perch. If Pete's doesn't have their minnows yet, where's the next closes that you guys know has them at this time.

Oh, and does anyone know if your allowed to fish from those docks by the beacon? or am I limited to fishing from the huge rocks

THanks

Guest Brian Laketrout Cuthbertson

Don't know about Pete's. Next (Closest)place is either Fishing World,you will pay a high price there like everything there 20% higher or Denis on Niagara parkway at the bottom of Bertie Road in Fort Erie,Or Walt's Dominion Bait on Dominion Road in Fort Erie.Walt's prices are $2 a doz. I usually grab about 10doz when I go there and keep them in my garage.

Guest bigfishbass

the marina is out of bounds.... no fishing signs...they tend to be strickt about it....but this time of year who knows..... but anything to the left of the marina is ok....

I caught a couple perch (off the docks :lol: ) but let them back in to be caught another day. The worms worked good, but if I would've hooked a fish even half the amount of times that I had my bobber go down, it would've been a great day. I just don't get how they do it, bobber goes down, I pull the rod to hook em, no fish, and no worm. Next time I'll go out with some minnows, maybe a bit better. Saw some decent sized fish jumping....trout maybe?

how much is in a scoop? dozen? 2 dozen? more? ..... been years since i've boughten minnows, forgive my ignorance :Gonefishing:

3016[/snapback]

I honestly have no idea, I'm glad that you asked it because I was thinking the same thing, but thought I was the only one who didn't know. For 5 bucks I'm hoping the scoop is a nice size, especially since says he's got his for 3 bucks for about 25 minnows

Guest vidarling

Hey All,

Was at stop bait yesterday, No minnows left. I chased a few around the tank and ended up with a dozen. Someone had reserved most of them and they were separated from the tank???? It is probably good to call before if you are going there. Earlier in the summer they were out a few times that I went there. :blush:

Erie trackers in Port colborne has a 24HR shack where you can help yourself, Last weekend they had some good sized ones, reasonable priced. 3.50 for a scoop (25 minnows) If you have your own scoop I would suggest that you bring it for the self serve as the one they have there is only about 3 inches in diameter and it was hard to chase the larger minnows into it. :Gonefishing:

Keep your tips up,

Ian

Archived