Port on Saturday

dr_feelgood

I met Chilli, IBC, Tommy Niagara and Steelheader down there yesterday. It is nice to be able to put faces with names. BTW, Tommy looks nothing like his avitar. I know your hard work was appreciated. I went along Rooker with Rob and had the back of his pickup FULL with the bags you guys filled.

Hope to see you all on the 29th.

Heh, yeah, I didn't dress like that or shave my head because it was a tad chilly down there.  :lol:

I had fun meeting everybody and looking forward to the 29th.

I learned a lot from that old timer Jerry.  :worthy:

Plus it is very frightening to learn how close we are to losing fishing opps in Port Dalhousie Harbour to these ravenous developers if more people don't get involved in helping out for the future...whats left of it.

3066[/snapback]

I could not for the life of me think of his name.

Rant time.

I was shocked to see the gate at the entrance to Rooker. First a gate, then what? I do not fish that end of the pier for for over a year for reasons most people have read or posted. Just remember guys, you are not the only ones that use that pier, be considerate of the boaters and people walking the trail. I went down early yesterday to take a walk and could not believe what I saw. There was a boat (a buddy of mine) drifting the west side of the harbour, and pencil sinkers from the east pier landing within 15" of him. I'm not quite sure how wide the harbour is, but, F#$%, if you want to catch fish on the west side, fish over there. One of these days someone will get hurt, whether it be a sinker to the head or a boot to the head. Something WILL happen.

Nice to meet you all, and Chilli sorry I didnt have the $10 bucks on me, but let me know when your gonna be down for some trout and I will get you back.

Also nice to see Chilli bring the child labour out :worthy: Your chocolate lab looks to be an amazing dog!

The gates are up because the City seems to be gating anything and everything. I imagine they are more of a precaution just incase they would ever need to close that area off (construction). Or the gates are there so they do not have to plow the place in the winter ???

IBC

Guest Steelheader

Hey guys - Chili, IBC, Tommy, Dr Feelgood...great meeting you yesterday as well. Glad there were some guys who came out to get the job done. I don't think we realize how much crap is down there until you actually have to bend your ass over and pick it up. I must have picked up 50 Tim Hortons cups on the rocks up by the fence. But the fishing line was the worst...big clumps and wads of it lying around everywhere. I'm surprised nobody's fallen yet. :lol: Anyway, it was good to see the guys out. It's this kind of thing that will help keep fishing spots open for us in the future.

Dr_Feelgood, I hear you on your rant there. I stood on that part of the wall with those guys, and I guess they like to see how far they can cast. I guess they want to hit the current breaks without leaving their buddies. :worthy:

The story I got was there is a trough about 40 - 50 feet from the west wall. On the east side of this trough it has a gradual grade but on the west side of the trough there is a sudden drop off. Therefore to fish the trough you must cast all the way across from the other side because if you fish from the drop off side your line get caught going over the edge and the zebra muscles screw your line.

I remember talking to Jerry over behind Alberts and his surprise when he pulled up his line and it was screwed because of the zebras. Can anyone with a depth finder confirm this? :worthy:

I think this coming summer will be the perfect chance for some scuba action ... gonna rent myself the gear and find the two or three dropoff areas where people lose things ... retireve lure after lure

IBC

lol ...

I am certified upto 60 feet I believe ... did the certification in water that had 6 inch vis at best ... saw a few perch and bass ... when the water is 35 degrees bass dont really move, i could have picked em by hand ...

but thinking of the number of lures I have lost, id arm myself with pliars and a knife and I would go along the pier turning my tackle box into a small store ...

Hey Gill, is there a market for second hand lures ? Wanna employ me to dive ??

IBC

That's not funny. Seen a guy doing that at the wirlpool. Also there was a guy at the foundry, plant 2, who used to get em in the river when the water went down, them clean em up and sell em on his break at work.

Guest Steelheader
I think this coming summer will be the perfect chance for some scuba action ... gonna rent myself the gear and find the two or three dropoff areas where people lose things ... retireve lure after lure

IBC

3076[/snapback]

Can I give you a list of what I need? :worthy:

Archived