Disappearing threads

denis

i dont think thats why it got deleted..its called adversting your store in forum

other tackle shops dont do it so why should dennis do it...he has his own site like other stores...i could be wrong though....

i dont think thats why it got deleted..its called adversting your store in forum

other tackle shops dont do it so why should dennis do it...he has his own site like other stores...i could be wrong though....

37378[/snapback]

That's exactly it. Businesses are not allowed to use this site to promote themselves here without permission from the mods. There is no problem having a link to their site in their posts or using the PM's to tell someone their stuff is in but not in the forums.

You can always tell when it's winter as the amount of deleted posts picks up big time. :Gonefishing:

Rick: So is this just for store owners or does that include the rest of us talking about a piticular product that may be one of our sponcers or are we suppose to work around it without saying what it is.Now don't jump all over me I would just like to know if it is an even playing feild for all. Catfish

Rick: So is this just for store owners or does that include the rest of us talking about a piticular product that may be one of our sponcers or are we suppose to work around it without saying what it is.Now don't jump all over me I would just like to know if it is an even playing feild for all. Catfish

37419[/snapback]

It's basically for businesses who sell for profit. Like I have said many many times before I rely on paid advertisers to help keep this site going so it just makes sense to not let others to do it for free. Why some people out there have a problem understanding this concept is beyond me. :lol: Especially business owners who are supposed to have some business sense if they want to last.

This general rule also applys to anyone who makes a product or service and sells for profit. I hope this clears things up.

Guest bigfish1965

For five bucks a month someone can buy an ad here to help pay for the servers, skins and whatever else we do (the christmas skin cost me $50...my gift to you guys).

My patience is wearing very thin for those who INTENTIONALLY violate the board policies they agreed to when they joined. Those unwilling to honour this simple contract cast doubts on their abilities to honour other contracts as well.

Even the site advertisers don't come here hawking their wares.

For five bucks a month someone can buy an ad here to help pay for the servers,

37512[/snapback]

Certain local business owners have been asked if they want to advertise here and they told me the price is too high or said they are interested but never got back too me. WoW, for the price getting an ad on a board that averages 7000 page loads daily, and that's just the board, that sounds like a damn good business decision to me, especially for those in the fishing or tourist industry. Any takers? :)

:blink: So there you go Dennis for 5bucks A month you can put your specials up and also help out the board,sounds like a deal to me :P Catfish

Guest fishstick

$60 a year on the net is extremely cheap.

anyone would be a fool not to jump at the offer....

i used to be on a hockey website that charged $2000 a year for advertising, there was all kinds of sponsors, and lots of non-related sports sites.

you have to go with the flow....get it?

traffic can cause business....or is that a bad thing.... :blink:

:P

traffic can cause business....or is that a bad thing.... :dunno:

The problem around here is when rules are inforced they take it too personal, get insulted then don't want to have anything to do with this site anymore. It's a shame as we are all adults and should be able to work around these things. :dunno:

Archived