School vs. Buckhorn

PickerelHunter

Well, I've got a huge delema on my hands. We have a place up in Buckhorn, and this monday is the last day of fishing season up there till April. I would absoultely love to go and catch one last Pickerel before ice fishing season starts...but I've got classes that same day from 12-5. Nothing important, but it's class nonetheless. SO I really don't know what to do, because it is a 2.5 hour car ride, I'd have to wake up early to go up, I could come back with nothing, and I'm missing 4 classes....but....It's also the last fishing day till April, it's supposed to be sunny with 10 degrees, and I could come back with a beauty 6 pound pickerel and a cooler full of crappies. What should I do????

I fail to see your problem. They say that a bad day of fishing is better then a good day at work, and since you will be doing schoolwork it counts as work so the fishing should be your first choice. My 2 cents. :Gonefishing:

It all depends ...

is the upcoming class going to have materials that is not in the text or available online?

do you have a test/quiz/exam in the upcoming classes after?

are you having trouble with the classes?

My very general rule of thumb for classes is that they are skipable unless one of the previous three questions have the answer YES to them.

As well do you have friends that could help you in those classes if you do miss them and the work is hard?

IBC

Guest old guy

It seems that you have all the answers. Why ask for advice when you don't really want it.

Regardless of age, learning is the most important component of ones' life. Formal education which is the case with you, at this time, is part of the whole picture. Take off the blinders- tunnel vision leads to instant gratification- you have your whole life ahead of you - you are the future - maturity means accepting responsibility and making choices. Hopefully ones which will help you grow as a mature, responsible individual.

Guest Steelheader

You're paying for your education, so the choice is ultimately yours. Have you skipped a lot already? Will it hurt your performance in those classes? Is it worth it?Can you negotiate with your profs to still get the work done?

Lots of good things have been said here, and nobody here can make the decision for you.

It's not really that big a deal, I just wanted to get a little conversation going that's all. And I know I probably shouldn't go....but it's just so damn tempting, especially being a phys.ed major, school is quite the joke. I guess I'll make it a gametime decision. Thanks for the opinions guys.

I'd have to say go fishing...........It never hurt me when I was in school...........Hell I'm totally happy flipping burgers at McDonald's...................Just kidding.........I hardly think one day off school will hurt you at all.................I say go fishing .........enjoy.................go back to school refreshed and ready to work hard................but that's just my 2 cents................JHM.....

Tommy said

I'd take the school thing a tad more seriously though.....I start Brock in January and I know that will be my main focus for the next 4-5 yrs!

Can't wait to see if your still this dedicated in April :Gonefishing:

Guest Steelheader

I always re-dedicated myself to my studies at the start of every sememester, and said "This time I'm going to work hard and read all my textbooks, go to every class, and do all my assignments ahead of time!"

And every semester that would last for about 3 days. :worthy:

Guest bigfishbass
It seems that you have all the answers. Why ask for advice when you don't really want it.

3038[/snapback]

what does that mean? :blink:

hmmm....school ( one day) or fishing...(one day) i would pick ummmm FISHING!!! hands down. Like some others have said... school will be there the next day, but a good fishing day.... you never know, at this time of year to boot. Don't forget the net in the shed...!!! I wish I could go with ya..but again the work thing...soon you will have that obligation and wont be able to go fishing when ever you want to...so go now while you can. :worthy::lol:B):Gonefishing: and catch some fish kid. :D

Archived