PORT CLEAN UP

ROB MCINTOSH

HEY GUYS : Well the docks came out and the clean up was great ended up with about 8 bags, well done guys it was nice to meet you all , the GAME&FISH thank you and all the guy's on the wall said thanks I went down to pick up all the bags and great job, Thanks goes out to CHILI,IBC,STEELHEADER,TOMMY NIAGARA, and also DR.FEELGOOD for helping remove the docks, hope I didn't work you to hard. It was nice to see when you ask for help who steps up and takes the time to comeout and do something that will benifit all like I said before you can get lot's done with number's looking forward to getting some new blood with the club after all whats 15.00 when you see what can be done mountins can be moved so if you want to help and make sure this thing we call fishing is headed in the right direction come out join in and lets all make a differance and not loose what we take for granted again thank you guy's and see you on the 29th it's election night so not much will be talked about but we can touch base on the fish ladder thing and see what we should tackle for the future THANKS ROB MCINTOSH

Guest Steelheader

You're welcome Rob. It was great to meet everyone and invest a bit into the future of our local fishery. Maybe next time we do the cleanup we should call some of the local papers. They're always looking for stories, and it might result in a little blurb and some good PR for the fishing community.

rob is thier a web page about the club?

3116[/snapback]

Soon to be home

http://www.scgameandfish.org/

Current home

http://www.stcatharinesgameandfish.com/

------------------------------

Not a problem in helping clean up. It would be interesting to see if the St. Catharines subStandard would do an article on the cleanup. We have treid to get them to do a write up the past few halloweens and they no show every year when they say they will ....

As far as more help next time there is a cleanup ...

There are many highschoolers who need community service hours in order to graduate ... They may not be too willing to work hard but the more people can only mean a bigger cleanup

IBC

Guest Steelheader

Speaking of which...wouldn't it be a great idea to get lead-chuckers and litterers arrested and work with the judge so that their sentence is to keep the pier clean? :lol:

Guest bigfishbass

lead chuckers...sure they could be taken away for assault... but still tons of paper work on it....(good luck finding someone to do that)....littering.....no chance......... but wouldn't it be nice though...saw a guy the other day take all the line off his spool and just dump it in the water.... an as*... people like that need to be confronted and made to pick it up :lol:

I imagine those numbers are linked to crime stoppers or the low priority police phone numbers

definately a low priority for the cops when there are red light runners to catch

Rob

So far I'm off on the 29th. Not sure if I should come though if you have 150 members and only enough room for 35 in the building. Might be cramped and I'm sure I'll be donating my $15 or was it $20 for a membership anyway? Will all the members that came to the clean up be voting? :lol: (sarcasm).

This would be a good spot for you to get back on the soap box and explain why no one but IBC and yourself showed up from the SCGF to work and why it is important to get some new young blood. The points you gave Saturday were good, for example "Jerry is 100 years old and done his fair share already as well as the rest of the clubs ageing population.

I would not only recommend joining clubs like this one across Niagara but be active with them. Otherwise they have no purpose and can not benefit anyone. It was my pleasure BTW helping out because not only do I b*tch the most about the trash, but I got to meet some of the regular board members that I converse with all the time. Goos meeting you all.

Guest Steelheader
I imagine those numbers are linked to crime stoppers or the low priority police phone numbers

definately a low priority for the cops when there are red light runners to catch

3144[/snapback]

And maple dip donuts at Tim's!

Remember, they're for a limited time only.

HEY GUY'S : Yes you have to be a member to vote and we never get more than 20 or 25 at a regular meeting so room would not be a prob. The 29th may be differant because of the election but don't let that change your mind on comming down that is also when alot renew their memberships , aslong as you get it before the vote you can vote they will be available that night , we will do our regular thing then get to the vote so don't get dissceraged it won't take long. see you there Rob

Guest Steelheader

Rob, I'd like to get involved, and maybe $15 isn't much for most people, but I'm already trying to save up the $75 for BASSmasters and another $150 for indoor soccer. Normally money not a problem but the wife and I are practicing living on one income for when those babies start-a-comin' :)

Archived