Drifting question

Guest dannyboy

Guest dannyboy

We fished the Niagara the first time this past Sunday, my wife caught a Brown and a Steelhead, my daughter caught a Steelhead my son and I caught nothing but some sun.

I tried drifting roe bags, (the girls used spinners) but had a hard time with getting the weight right, from what I have read you should just feel the weight tick the bottom once in a while, it seemed my rig was either getting swept too fast or the weight just sat stationary on the bottom. I also lost all my weights on snags.

I know there is a huge learning curve to fishing this way but any tips or pointers would be great.

thanks

Dan

How do I post a picture?

IN regards to weights

pencil leads are best in the 1/2-3/4 ounce range

PHOTOS

you need a picture hosting page (your website, or a site that does it such as www.photobucket.com )

From there you copy the addy of the picture and input it between the tags [.img] PIC ADDY HERE [./img] less the . in the tags.

start with a 3/4 pencil weight then if it keeps snaggn cut a little off till you find the right weight you should be just tickn botton once in awile and dont cast to far upstreem or you will get snagged every time cast at 10.30 1100 pos

Guest dannyboy

Steelheader:

I'm holding the fish because that is what I was told to do.:dunno:

Handling bait and fish are a small price to pay for my wife and daughter to come fishing with me.

thanks for the comments

Dan

Thats a great looking trout.

I know the feeling dannyboy on handling bait ...

tried to bring a few of the exes fishing ... almost always resulted in me baiting hooks and nearly being hooked in the process when they move the rod while im baiting it.

Archived