PORT CLEAN UP

ROB MCINTOSH

GOOD POINT:Why is it that no members show up to help? Thats a good ? and my awnser to that would be :blink: ops I should give a little history leson the G&F has been around for eons and all members in that time have served there time and think it's time to not get involved now don't get me wrong here there are members that are over 60 and still come to help on kids day but thats about it and when you ask for help they seem to sit on their hands but when it's all done they stand up and say look what we did. The problem is these stupid things we call electric baby sitters (computers)every one has one. nowonder the papers say we have the fattest kids here in canada, because all they do is come home from school and play on this thing, instead of getting outside and doing something , also joining a club back when we had no movie house's and a coffee shop on every cornner and only the husband worked, it gave them a chance to go out and socialize and meet people on a saterday night now days both mom & dad work so thier is not much socializeing going on, and joining a club they have no time,I could go on & on but that will not help yes we need new blood the more and more we here from the treebuggers the more & more members we need to fight for our rights and like I said before numbers can move mountins just ask someone over 50 what power the G&F had back in the 40's & 50's with 600 members and lots of $$$$$$ in the bank to do all kinds of things, Now we try to do something on a shoe string budget and we have a problem getting the help but in the end we have a diehard group that does move mountins just look at our kids day anywhere from 600 to 1000 show up each year to this FREE event that happens each may rain or shine. So thier is lots to do thats why we need new blood and will never forget our lifetime and ageing members that served us for all the years to get this club to where it is at now and for the isues that they took care of so we can enjoy this thing we call fishing & hunting we take for granted,now it's our turn to stand up and not let anyone take this away from US. So just think what can be done with 600 members we would have the pull we had 30 years ago maybe we could move mountins . DOH I fell of my soap box thats it for now it's been a slice reminising about the good old days now it's time to move FORWARD thanks Rob MCINTOSH :lol:

Archived